The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Defecting from Factions

CuddlyKitty

I just wanted to say I hope somewhere down the line you’ll find a way to make it so people can have their character’s defect from there factions, and tie it into the story somehow, … Please. I know it sounds silly and you’re probably saying why not just make the character that you want and the faction you like to represent. But it doesn’t feel like you’ve truly earned the Rank or ramifications it feels more like it was handed right to you instead. Like for example when you start out a new story of the character you chosen. The story makes you feel like you’re starting from the bottom and your climbing your way to the top but really your just along for the ride, your Title and Rank are basically just handed right to you without really earning it. Like what’s the point in choosing the Light or Dark side path you’re just heading down the same path of your character’s story and whatever faction it’s in. There’s no alternative path.

It’s just the Dark path isn’t anything different you’re still just fighting for your factions cause just more aggressively, than the Light side would. When it should be when you go down the Dark side path, you should get closer and closer to defecting, and your factions should start to reject you and cast you out and eventually you can join up with the other faction. For example, if you’re a Jedi or any Republic character going down the Dark path they will cast you out and you’ll eventually join the Empire, or if you’re a Sith/Empire character going down the Light you’ll also be cast out as well and you’ll eventually join the Republic.

I know you can’t do it because you’ll have to remake the game but I at least thought that you could, in Knights of the fallen Empire. When your character was frozen for five years in carbonite. That would have been the perfect time for your character to defect. Because being frozen for five years would have liquid dated your status in the Republic or Empire since so much time has passed and so much has changed in the galaxy. You would basically have a clean slate to start over and your Dark or Light side decisions that you’ll make will put you closer and closer to being with the faction you prefer to be on, or something like that.

You teased it in the war for Iokath where you said you can pick which side to fight with. But it’s more like a temporary alliance not full on join up with their side completely and help them win, you’ll just be teaming up with them to help yourself. But somehow, you’ll still be friend’s kind of thing. But anyways just had to say this in hope it might happen in the future. I’d pay lots of money just for this to happen for my Dark Jedi character, my starting price would be $500.00 :).

I know you can’t do it because you’ll have to remake the game but I at least thought that you could, in Knights of the fallen Empire. When your character was frozen for five years in carbonite. That would have been the perfect time for your character to defect. Because being frozen for five years would have liquid dated your status in the Republic or Empire since so much time has passed and so much has changed in the galaxy. You would basically have a clean slate to start over and your Dark or Light side decisions that you’ll make will put you closer and closer to being with the faction you prefer to be on, or something like that.

You *do* defect during KotFE. You defect FROM the Empire or Republic TO the Alliance, opposed to the Eternal Empire. And yes, your status in the Republic or Empire *is* liquidated (one word...) - see for example, what Aric Jorgan tells a Trooper:

The Republic declared you officially dead, FFS...

Fussy pedantry: the Bounty Hunter's status with the Empire was always "outsider" - the BH repeatedly declares himself or herself to be NOT an Imperial, and at least one NPC(1) asserts it without prompting from the BH.

(1)

Darth Arkous, just before the final fight of the Rakata Prime flashpoint.