Returning to Merc

MikeFL

Hey all, I'm just returning to the game and I am picking up where I left off with my Merc, who is level 37. I love this class but a lot has changed since I left. I'm trying to figure out what skills to use, but there are so many.

I know rotations are a bit "play how you want", but could someone outline the main abilities I should focus on? I'm trying to clean up my quickbars and not have 50 icons!

If you have suggestions for a basic rotation, I'd appreciate it. Right now I am Arsenal spec (I think). Should I stick with that or switch to IO? I will PvP with my merc but for right now I want to finish the class story and hit 70.

Hey all, I'm just returning to the game and I am picking up where I left off with my Merc, who is level 37. I love this class but a lot has changed since I left. I'm trying to figure out what skills to use, but there are so many.

I know rotations are a bit "play how you want", but could someone outline the main abilities I should focus on? I'm trying to clean up my quickbars and not have 50 icons!

If you have suggestions for a basic rotation, I'd appreciate it. Right now I am Arsenal spec (I think). Should I stick with that or switch to IO? I will PvP with my merc but for right now I want to finish the class story and hit 70.

Arsenal is a "you can do nothing wrong"-spec. You should mainly focus on railshot and unload. Power Shot will proc Unload somewhere between level 40 and 50. A bit later, it will be replaced with tracer missile. You will also get Heat Seaker Missile and Priming Shot. Until end-level you have to use rapid shots sometimes in your rotation.

For AoE you can randomly use your aoe-utilities. During leveling I would suggest to pick up the +25 damage utility for your main aoe in the first skill-tier.

IO is more a "you can do wrong many things"-spec. There are some rotations around the internet (see dulfy). Also, it is not such a good ae-spec as arsenal. Especially for PvP I would suggest you to stay on Arsenal. Currently it's one of the most powerful specs in pvp.

So, good luck and have fun with your merc!