The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Market Item Disintegration

Ylliarus

Dear Bioware,

With the Disintegrate option in the Command Pack screen we can move quicker to the next level by gaining CXP from the items that we do not want. It is a fair trade for the RNG element that was introduced to the gearing system. This made me think why such a thing is not implemented for the Cartel Market.

With the recent packs a lot of the Bronze items are easily discarded by players. To be honest, a lot of the Bronze items that we get from the packs is junk and I am not the only one thinking such. Of course there are a lot of players who like the various lower value items dropping from the packs, yet perhaps there should be a compromise.

Enter the Disintegrate option for the Cartel Market! Items that we get from packs which we don't want can be disintegrated in exchange for an amount of Cartel Coins. This would allow us to exchange the items that we don't want for CC's that bring us a step closer to buying a new Cartel pack. It would be a very fair exchange and would improve the Cartel Market a hundredfold. Many players (such as SWTOR TV and SWTOR Central) complain how the Cartel Market is doing badly with the items it is releasing. Implementing a Disintegrate option would be in my opinion a great solution to appease the playerbase that is discontent with the current state of the Cartel Market.

So what are the thoughts of the players on this? Would you consider this a great addition or do you disagree with the idea?

Interesting idea. The Devil is in the details, of course, like how many CCs you'd get for disintegrating a particular thing, but yeah. There's a *lot* of Bronze things that you can't sell on the GTN because nobody will buy them, even if you mark them *below* the default price. (Even some silvers are like that, while there's a few silvers that go for silly money, notably the chest pieces for some of the Relaxed sets.)

My thoughts on pricing: the returns should be such that you can't buy a pack and disintegrate everything in it and end with more CCs than before you bought the pack.

No thanks!

I think it would severely hurt the in game economy . If players have the option to get CC by destroying CM items then there will be far fewer CM items on the GTN. It would drive the GTN prices for CM items up even higher and make it so much more difficult to complete sets for our Collections.

This is why they don't let us sell unbound CM items to vendors.

Edited by JediRelentless

No thanks!

I think it would severely hurt the in game economy . If players have the option to get CC by destroying CM items then there will be far fewer CM items on the GTN. It would drive the GTN prices for CM items up even higher and make it so much more difficult to complete sets for our Collections.

This is why they don't let us sell unbound CM items to vendors.

Careful: my comment was that there should be a net loss of CC if you buy and open a pack and disintegrate everything that was in it. And of course the things people would want to disintegrate are the things that don't sell if you list them for a couple of credits, not the already-rare and highly valued things.

Think of all those horrible bronze-rarity things you have in your Item Stash that you leave there because you know that nobody would want to buy them. Wouldn't it be nice to get a bit of the CC price their packs cost back?

Careful: my comment was that there should be a net loss of CC if you buy and open a pack and disintegrate everything that was in it. And of course the things people would want to disintegrate are the things that don't sell if you list them for a couple of credits, not the already-rare and highly valued things.

Think of all those horrible bronze-rarity things you have in your Item Stash that you leave there because you know that nobody would want to buy them. Wouldn't it be nice to get a bit of the CC price their packs cost back?

The main draw back that I could see and I see that all the time in chat with the command crates is someone accidentally disintegrating an item they wanted and then putting in a ticket to get it back. Since CC is tied to a real world dollar value, I can just seeing that becoming a problem issue for BW real quick.

The main draw back that I could see and I see that all the time in chat with the command crates is someone accidentally disintegrating an item they wanted and then putting in a ticket to get it back. Since CC is tied to a real world dollar value, I can just seeing that becoming a problem issue for BW real quick.

As far as customer service being able to restore an item that was disintegrated, because of how the Galactic Command system's coded, they can't restore an item.

Not going to say why I know this.:o