Bug with name creation, problem with space in the name?

KevWanCarib

Tonight I deleted a character I had created a few months back, intending to create a new toon with the same name with a different class. Now when I try to create the Level 1 toon, I'm getting "Invalid Name" for a name which was perfectly valid and present in the game 15 minutes before. And no, there is nothing objectionable about the name.

Similarly, I tried to transfer in a toon last week from another server and got a forced rename situation. When trying to rename it to a name which I had been reserving, I also got a similar error.

The one common thing between these scenarios is that the names in both cases contained a space. A short time ago there was a change made to allow a space in a character name, did that get broken?

Tonight I deleted a character I had created a few months back, intending to create a new toon with the same name with a different class. Now when I try to create the Level 1 toon, I'm getting "Invalid Name" for a name which was perfectly valid and present in the game 15 minutes before. And no, there is nothing objectionable about the name.

Similarly, I tried to transfer in a toon last week from another server and got a forced rename situation. When trying to rename it to a name which I had been reserving, I also got a similar error.

The one common thing between these scenarios is that the names in both cases contained a space. A short time ago there was a change made to allow a space in a character name, did that get broken?

The rules on what's invalid are applied only when you create a name, and they change from time to time.