PvP Commando or Merc Heals?

Bookworm_Jedi

My main is a 70 sage healer. Rolled a scorc and scoundral healer waaaaaay back in the day once. Tried agent healer, but I prefer stealth.

Chat pointed out commando healers are good right now, but mercs appear to be OP?

Looking to PvP over PvE

Only arsenal merc is "OP" (DCDs).

Merc/Mando heals are the weakest of the 3 healers (look at class rankings: KLICK)

Edited by Tharianus

• 2 weeks later...

Commando heals are great, and commandos have great suitability. But as a healer you will likely be skpping two of the utilities that DPS commandos use to take the double insta utility and the supercharged gas utility.

But you have heals so you make out just fine on survivability.

You'll have definitively less HPS on a commando than you will on a sage.

Yes, I know, some people will come in here saying "I out heal sage/sorc all the time" and so do I, but I definitely do not outheal myself on sage/sorc. There is just nothing that competes with the healing output and burst response of static barrier and roaming mend. Period.

So yeah, you can play mando heals, have fun, but you will be less than you are on sage.

Commando heals are great, and commandos have great suitability. But as a healer you will likely be skpping two of the utilities that DPS commandos use to take the double insta utility and the supercharged gas utility.

But you have heals so you make out just fine on survivability.

You'll have definitively less HPS on a commando than you will on a sage.

Yes, I know, some people will come in here saying "I out heal sage/sorc all the time" and so do I, but I definitely do not outheal myself on sage/sorc. There is just nothing that competes with the healing output and burst response of static barrier and roaming mend. Period.

So yeah, you can play mando heals, have fun, but you will be less than you are on sage.

Completely agree here.

Anyway i like commando heal and scoundrel heals more cause i do not like the sorc mechanics (especially restore force/energy).

I like to use medshots or diagnostic scans between my healskills.

and if you outheal sorcs/sages on a commando it feels rewarding ;).

Btw you are right game is about fun ;) and i do not think that i need to hide behind other top healers even if i play a commando - even if i would heal more on a sage, i would just be one of many others - as i commando heal iam not just one of many others =)

Edited by Tharianus