My alignment reset back to neutral.

Frostythefett

I had made a ticket to have this corrected and all I was told is that it is a known issue and you guys are working on it and hopefully should have it fixed soon, yet, I don't see ANY thread or news update about this supposedly known issue. I only saw one thread in general about it made by another player with only a few replies. Logging out on Section X seems to trigger it. Can I trust that this is actually being looked in to and worked on? Or am I screwed to grind out to Light V again? I would love to get a dev response confirming that this issue is being looked at for real. I don't want to feel like I was pretty much told "tough luck, sorry not sorry."

This same thing just happened to me yesterday. Logged on my main toon to find my Lightside rank was down to 70 points/rank one. I put in a ticket and the response was that they suspect it is associated with the bonus mission Ancient Prison Suppression from the Section X dailies. Also said they do not have an ETA on a fix yet.

Dang, that sucks. I am sorry to hear that it happened to you too. It doesn't seem to affect a lot of people so it's hard to determine if it will happen again. Mine was actually at the same level when it reset as well. 70. Almost to rank 3 again so I suspect I'll get back to Light V before a fix rolls through. That sounds about right though with one of the missions triggering it. The reset happened after I grabbed all the quests. I went afk for a while afterwords and got booted back to character select. Just have to watch out and not log out on Section X again until they fix it. Hopefully, they fix it before you have to grind back to Light V too. Edited by Frostythefett

I have this mishap too, thank you for a hint that it could happen in Section X. I also had Light V and suddenly found out that it has been reset to Neutral, about 23 February. But I noticed it only when I wasn't able to equip the LS lightsaber, missed the exact moment of reset and decided not to write a ticket :-(

I am restoring it now, but slowly, because 70' characters cannot get the points through dialogues with companions or storyline decisions, now at LS two. Chances that support will restore alignment are close to zero, the only hope that they will fix the bug and my other characters will not suffer of it. I wouldn't like to paranoically check the alignment after every picking up a mission or entering a new zone.