Arcann companion issue

Darksyde

I played through KOTET on my main when it was first released and did not know at the time that Arcann was a companion option if you made certain story choices. I saw today that he can be obtained, but I don't know if it is possible to obtain him on my main since I already played through it once. I did replay chapter 1 and 6 in story mode and made the correct decisions, but it did not give me the choice to have him join me. Do I need to replay all of the chapters (not skipping from 1 to 6), or am I not able to obtain him now?

I believe they said that only the first playthrough actually counts, replays of the chapters do not change your original outcome you can just see what the other options are.

this

If you want him, you'll have to roll another character. It's part of the whole "choices matter" thing that people were clamouring for.

If you want him, you'll have to roll another character. It's part of the whole "choices matter" thing that people were clamouring for.

Yeah, and now that we have it, we find a surge of people wanting to be able to unmake the choices that matter.

And I'm fine with the rate of "choices matter" things. There are enough to make it interesting(1), while there aren't so many that it bogs down the story writing.(2)

(1) Not all of them have value, however. I'm thinking mostly of the Vette/Torian thing, of course, but the one in Chapter XV isn't the most obviously valuable, either.

(2) Compare with, say, GW1 or GW2, where there aren't many choices, and most of them make no difference except for "oh look, I progressed through this mission instead of that", but those choices don't really influence anything afterwards. Well, except whether your GW2 home instance is full of thieving rats, whiny giant frogs, or even whinier aquatic blobs. (No, I don't really like the skritt, the hylek, or the quaggans. If I had to pick one to dislike less than the others, it would be the hylek, but it's a bit marginal.)