Launcher has reverted to an old style, can't log in

EpicPinkSting

Hello All, I've been having some truly infuriating experiences trying to play the game for the last two days.

My launcher has reverted to a previous version of itself and I have no clue why it would do that of it's own accord. I've so far tonight been graciously assured of my accounts security by having to have a one time password sent to me no fewer than 4 times, which I think is already overkill since my account is clearly so secure, not even I can access it, so thanks for that one EA.

For some reason known only to SATAN, my game won't get past the loading screen. I've been met with a super fun variety of errors in my endeavors to merely play the game.

Tonight alone I've been greeted with

*"Server not responding"

*"Minimum Download in Progress"

and my least favorite error where it just doesn't even bother to boot up.

several attempts to google the problem bring me back here to the forums and give me a 5 year old thread with links to an outdated download.

The error message i'm currently being given through the old launcher is "Server not Responding"

Help me SWTOR forums, you're my only hope.

I should add that a lot of the solutions to previous problems (in these forums) seem very technical and i'm not a hugely tech savvy person, so any help may need to be given in baby talk, cheers.

The launcher repair utility should fix the old launcher issue - link

hello, I downloaded the fix and was able to get into the game, although my interface was back to default and some of the settings too, my progress was where it should have been etc.

I however now have to keep following the link and re download the fix each time I want to log into the game, the default launcher for the game when I try to boot it up is still the old one.

I'm not being given an option to save or run the download, only open it? am I missing something? thanks.