can't fight?

ghxstie

Honestly, this is starting to get really weird.

lvl 41 Sith Inquisitor here. I've been playing today, and at some point it wouldn't let me fight normally. (You know, like right click to strike.) I can still do my abilities, but every time I try to do generic combat, it says "must be in stealth to do that" or something along those lines. Which is absurd since you can't exactly fight in stealth, and even if you were before hand, as soon as you engaged it would take you out of it. Is this some sort of bug or did I do something to mess it up? Either way, it's making it really difficult to do anything.

EDIT: thanks, I figured out what was wrong. honestly I have no clue how something else got into my normal 1 slot... it's a bit creepy, tbh

Edited by ghxstie

A few things happening here:

1) When you right-click on an enemy, you just perform whatever action is in the first slot on your Quickslot bar #1.

2) When you start a character, that slot has your "basic" attack in it.

3) There are certain abilities that require you to be in stealth.

4) If you don't "lock" your quickslot bars, it is easy to drag your abilities to different slots, or off your bars altogether.

Apparently you (intentionally or otherwise) moved an ability that requires stealth into that first quickbar slot, replacing your basic "shoot" (or "strike") ability. So now, when you right click an enemy, the game tries to activate that ability, instead of your basic attack.

To fix it:

1) Drag the ability in the first slot of Quickbar #1 to an empty slot.

2) Look over the other abilities on your bars and see if your "basic" attack is present. If it is, drag it to the first slot on Quickbar #1. If not, hit P to open your abilities window, find that ability and drag it to that slot.

3) Double-check that your other abilities are all present and where you want them. Drag them from your abilities window back to your Quickslot bars, and/or rearrange them as you see fit.

4) Click the tiny "lock" icon at the left side of your main bar, so it is shows as "locked" rather than "unlocked", so you don't accidentally re-arrange your bars again.

Note: Whenever you learn a new ability (or add a new speeder), it will be placed in the first open slot on your Quickbars. If that's not where you want it to be, unlock your bars, rearrange them as you like, then be sure to lock them again when you're done.

Edited by Adric_the_Red