Sith Warrior Dark Side points bug?

Greasy_Pepe

I'm new to the game and have been playing through the Sith Warrior story and enjoying it very much. I've been making all dark side choices and yet my character is still at neutral. I have amassed 4790 dark side points and it tells me my next tier is at -10,000, but I'm still neutral! Surely this can't be right? I'm not even halfway to tier 1 darkside! I just finished Tatooine and I'm worried that I won't be able to turn Jaesa to the dark side because, apparently, I'm not on the dark side. Here is a link to a picture I took of my screen:

https://goo.gl/photos/Nt6iDZ5UZt2hEHCp8

Please help! Is my game broken?

Nope, not bugged per se, they just rather stupidly forgot to increase the alignment points gained from class story missions when they stuck a 0 on the end of each tier.

Don't worry about Jaesa. If you're Grey at the fateful meeting at the end of chapter 1, she gets confused that she can't tell if you're Light or Dark, and you get to choose if you want her Light or Dark.

Quickest way to get Dark Side Points nowadays is pvp - minimum 1000 per match if you're fighting for the Dark Side. As discussed in a similar thread, you also get LSPs or DSPs from all 'gathering' and 'mission' crew skill missions (anything other than crafting ;) ) based on whether you're committed to the Light or the Dark.

Diplomacy is more complicated as those missions have their own natural alignment as well as your chosen alignment - hover the cursor over the alignment symbol to see how many of each a given Diplomacy mission is worth (and the natural alignment of the mission more than doubles on a crit).

Every class mission, planetary mission, exploration mission etc gives your level in alignment points on top of any Light or Dark choices that show up in conversations.

Edit: Link to the other thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=913492

Edited by JediAkemi