52 chars per server - only 16 slots?

Svancara

Hello everyone,

This might come off as a noob question but I've haven't really found any conclusive info yet.

It was my understanding you could create 52 chars per server, as a sub.

Yet I only have 16 available characters slots ?

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your feedback

EDIT: I just read that additional slots are "purchasable", where can this be done?

Edited by Svancara

Cheapest I've seen lately is 3M - and that's an oddity. Usually in the 6-10 M range, up to 15.... I check all servers except the dead ones.

The average price I see across three servers is 3-4M these days for a character slot unlock. and 12-20M for a boosted character unlock (which also grants a slot).

Personally, I bought up more then I probably will ever need back when you could get them regularly for 1-1.5. I'll probably sell some off at some point.

to the OP -----> an unlock is account wide so it opens a new slot across all servers for you.... so you don't need to do them over again on a new server.

Edited by Andryah

So?

My point was that you don't have to spend RL money on CC, you can grind credits and have them for "free".

My point, rather vaguely, was that they don't magically appear there out of the goodness of Bioware's heart. An actual player bought every one of them that you see in the GTN.(1)

(1) This isn't automatically true in all games. Allods Online has (had? it's been a while since I stopped playing) occasional sales in their auction house of items seeded by the game's operators instead of by players.

My point, rather vaguely, was that they don't magically appear there out of the goodness of Bioware's heart. An actual player bought every one of them that you see in the GTN.

Nothing in any MMO just appears out of the goodness of heart on the part of the studio. It's a business, not a charity.

In point of fact, Bioware does deserve credit for implementing the CM and it's contents in a more progressive manner then many studios. How? By making CM contents freely tradeable between players. Some studios bind any purchases directly to the character. And yes, doing so promotes more sales on the CM for them ... but it ALSO allows players freedom to acquire items they want via credits in game rather then from purchasing cartel coins in order to spend on CM items.

AND.. in "point of fact" a lot of CM content is purchased by players who work their subscriber referrals hard... and use those CC perks to buy items to resell, thus converting to credits without actually adding any new credits into the game. Between subscriber CCs, and referrals, there are billions of CCs in circulation that were never actually directly purchased from the studio.

Edited by Andryah

Careful with unlocks though, if you buy them while f2p then sub and go back to f2p, chances are they may not be there anymore.

No, they are. Had like 14 slots as a f2p. Folks used to sell them on the GTN for like 199k to help out f2p players back then.