Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

You have reduced the drop rate of 240 and 242 in t3 packs. Why?

Wimbleton

You must think we are really dense for us not to notice this. First people want greater access to specific peices of gear. You think that your "grinders stay subscribers" strategy is at risk, so you give us components. You don't want the grinders to grind to full 242 too quickly so you tweak the drop rate of 242 in packs. You can pretend that you didnt, and we have no real way to prove it, but I've talked with 15-20 people and its the same every time. Now you've given us more packs per hour.

Great, now we get more command tokens. You've also given us a command token sink that gives a fraction increase in command tokens earned and no where close to the amount of command tokens spent to earn them. Basically, you are selling us 5 dollars for a cost of 40 dollars.

So the end result is the frequency of 242s we receive is around the same. It's still grindy as hell and since unassembled components are the choke point, and you've done nothing with that, you've effectively given us nothing.

Enter stage left the little BW songbirds blissfully opening their worthless packs 2.5 times as fast as they were yesterday netting the same Legendaries per hour played as they were at 5.0.

Well played troll, this expansion.

I don't think there's any way we can actually prove they changed the drop rates. It wouldn't surprise me though. It would explain why Musco had to deliver a lie about how it was going to take OMG SO MUCH MORE TIME to adjust the drop rates of items in packs. Because changing a few numbers in a loot table takes multiple months of time... somehow. EAWare had no actual intention of changing drop rates in our favor, only to our detriment, so they had to feed us that nonsense story that even some of the white knights pointed out didn't make sense. Edited by AscendingSky

I have got more in those than other tiers. Should I make a thread asking why they increased the drop rate? Sorry but thanks to RNG in order to prove there is something changed you need a fairly massive sample size both before and after the change. If you do indeed have a sample size of around 1000 crates opened before and after whatever time you think the change was made by all means present your evidence. But without it, we can only assume RNG is being random.

And even after getting such a huge boost in CXP that I feel bored again, the complainers find yet another reason to cry...

While the OP is pretty clearly wrong about a nerf, you're equally wrong if you cling to the delusion that getting faster Disintegration Crates matters in any meaningful way.

Edited by stoopicus

While the OP is pretty clearly wrong about a nerf, you're equally wrong if you cling to the delusion that getting faster Disintegration Crates matters in any meaningful way.

Never said that it matters. Not to me anyway, because I am playing this game for fun not CXP. But enough people wanted more CXP, now they have and some are still crying about stuff. So where is the fun in playing if you start chasing reasons to complain?

Edited by Methylium

Never said that it matters. Not to me anyway, because I am playing this game for fun not CXP. But enough people wanted more CXP, now they have and some are still crying about stuff. So where is the fun in playing if you start chasing reasons to complain?

Got it. Yeah, that's basically the only way to play now; gearing is totally broken, so just GTN your main up to acceptable competitive PvP or Ops levels and put your alts on hold until 5.1.2.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.