The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

new internet provider

Thosk

Are you talking about the one-time password? Any and all accounts that do not have a security key attached to it will need to do this all the time they want to log in. Please correct me if I am mistaken and you are receiving a different error, but that's what it sounds like initially. Edited by Talon_strikes

Yes, a 'one time' password, but it happens whenever I log in. That's at least 5 times in the past three days. a different 'one time' password each time.

I've never needed a security key in the three or four years I've been playing the game, and never ran into this problem except when I got my new computer. Then it was only the first time I logged in with the new computer.

Edited by Thosk
more clarification

Problem solved somehow. Now I can just log in with my name & password. I guess it took the server a week of one time passwords to finally recognize me.

Thanks for your efforts. (Especially if you got it to accept me.)

It's called a "one time" password because you can use that particular OTP *one time*.

Basically, if the IP address seen by the game servers changes between two logins, you'll be prompted for an OTP.

So get a stable IP address, or get a security key, and you'll never see this again. And if you get a security key, you get +100 Cartel Coins per month, whether or not you are subscribed.