The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Suggestion: Stop the Cartel Market focus?

Shibbstah

You get a re-skin! You get a re-skin, and you get a re-skin!

Really. It's actually getting pretty sad. The newest companion is a re-skin of the Nexu model, the Dais mount, re-using Armor pieces, etc etc. You know people are going to spend money on this, and I imagine that's why you just throw some things together.

I'm sure it's primarily EA and not BioWare, but man... A lot of the old packs that came out actually had unique items and sets. Either the artists have gotten lazy or they're just running out of ideas. I'm not one to typically lash out and such, and I've supported you and this game since Launch. But please... you're killing me.

Less throwing my money at the screen and more actual content.

if the stop this they really will be in hole seeing majority of all the profits is from cartel shop.

This. A single artist can push out new items quite easily, especially if they're reskins.

Something like a new planet takes the effort of both programmers, map makers and artists. Plus it takes time to write things up, QA to test it, additional programers to bug fir it, etc.

The game only exists because of the Cartel Market. SWTOR doesn't earn enough on subscriptions alone and the Cartel Market became a necessity after SWTOR had a disastrous launch, and transitioned F2P in record time.

I can understand the frustration and not getting enough new content, but requesting that Bioware completely ditch the CM is impractical. You might as well request that Bioware shut the game down entirely at that point, because it is the same thing. The game can't exist without revenue.

I think the main problem with SWTOR is that it had years where it was very successful with the F2P and Cartel Market model, but there's not a lot of evidence that a good portion of that revenue was being reinvested in the game. EA seems to be treating it as a cash cow, milking as much profit from it as possible while investing as little as possible in it's continuing development and maintenance. I think since it failed to be the WoW killer they hoped it would be, they've mostly written the title off.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco