Master mode chapters

Eloi_BG

Changing to tank spec made all the difference in the world. I just returned to the game after a couple years off, and only bought 248 stuff off the GTN; I don't have any items above 248 right now. Even in DPS gear as tank spec, it's absurd how squishy Hatred is...bah. I beat him on my first attempt after switching to tank spec in the same gear. Sigh, lol. I think it's dumb to have to do that, but whatever. :)

Yeah, Hatred is literally THE squishiest spec in the game right now. Only Pyrotech or Madness are close but Madness at least has a ton of self heals.

I think this thread is pretty funny. I recently came back to this game and after playing some new characters I got back on my Sentinel to try to get some companions from the Odessen story line.

I basically stopped at around chapter 12 or something and thought it could be a good idea to make it a bit more difficult.

So, I jumped into Chapter 11 (getting Jorgan for my Alliance) and tried that in veteran mode and I wish I wouldn't have. This mode is no way balanced around the character. I'm level 66 and wearing around ilvl 193 (or something) and my new friend Jorgan is healing (he is new and level 3).

There is really no way to do the last fight with the droid and his adds and it's not "only" my gameplay, but my gear, the stupidity of the companion that tries to facetank everything and collecting exploding bots.

I'm ok with a challenge, but IF there is something in the game like that, can you make it scale correctly at least?

There is no way to "ilvl" of a 65 in 2016 was 230+ (the greens dropping there are 220)

Why I post that here? Because my plan was to do that **** in master mode one day, but I guess that won't be possible I will never bruteforce it through ilvl 9000.

I think this thread is pretty funny. I recently came back to this game and after playing some new characters I got back on my Sentinel to try to get some companions from the Odessen story line.

I basically stopped at around chapter 12 or something and thought it could be a good idea to make it a bit more difficult.

So, I jumped into Chapter 11 (getting Jorgan for my Alliance) and tried that in veteran mode and I wish I wouldn't have. This mode is no way balanced around the character. I'm level 66 and wearing around ilvl 193 (or something) and my new friend Jorgan is healing (he is new and level 3).

There is really no way to do the last fight with the droid and his adds and it's not "only" my gameplay, but my gear, the stupidity of the companion that tries to facetank everything and collecting exploding bots.

I'm ok with a challenge, but IF there is something in the game like that, can you make it scale correctly at least?

There is no way to "ilvl" of a 65 in 2016 was 230+ (the greens dropping there are 220)

Why I post that here? Because my plan was to do that **** in master mode one day, but I guess that won't be possible I will never bruteforce it through ilvl 9000.

You have to be lvl70 for Veteran and Master chapters. I have completed most of them in a mix of 242-248 gear. It's very easy to get to that gear rating these days as you can get a bunch of 252s as well.

Edited by Equeliber

That's what came to my mind after trying, but the game never told me. I mean the veteran mode was introduced in 2016 pretty much at the time I stopped playing.

So I assumed that it scales (like everything in this game) with your current level especially "old content".

The big issues I have with it are:

- It's 60+ content meant to be done on 70 when you are "done" with the game

- the difficulty scaling upwards like crazy from story mode (which you can do with pressing one button) to veteran (with gear requirement) that is really a lot harder and master (i haven't even tried yet)

I'm totally okay with hard content and I did a lot of that in my mmorpg history. I just think it should be better explained and at least scale with your current level and the ilvl you can get at this time or "max level only"

• 5 months later...
Just wondering if you reply the chapters in veteran or master mode, do your choices count and change your story, or can you get some of the companions that you didn't get in your first go?

Unfortunately, you can never change your choices as far as companions go.

If you really want one of your companions who died during the story (such as Vette or Torian, Koth, etc.), you can use the companion locator terminal near the middle of your base on Odessen. Sometimes, this doesn't work and you have to email customer service, but it's worth a try first.