Broken Preview panel

Sith-Viscera

The preview panel, i am tired of trying to buy armor and sabers and custom companion skins and they disappear in front of your eyes or they dont preview at all, u just see their weapon thats it.

I know this Preview panel has been broken now for at least 2 maybe 3 months now.

Please Fix it, i do not buy any thing i cant preview first, as far as gear goes.

Take Care & Be Well........

The preview panel, i am tired of trying to buy armor and sabers and custom companion skins and they disappear in front of your eyes or they dont preview at all, u just see their weapon thats it.

I know this Preview panel has been broken now for at least 2 maybe 3 months now.

Please Fix it, i do not buy any thing i cant preview first, as far as gear goes.

Take Care & Be Well........

Make sure there aren't any (or not many) other players around.

Known issue. If you type 'preview' in the Search Community box at the upper right and click on the Search button, you should see previous threads on the topic as well as the suggested workaround mentioned to not try it in a busy area.

LOL, Shouldn't that tell u that it needs to be fixed? I mean if you have to wait for the area to become secluded to use it, then it is broken. i've been playing since Beta days and i never had to do that to use a preview window. But i also use my GTN on my Personal ship and it still does it, so......

cant imagine it being that hard to fix that?

Ok

Take Care & Be Well.....

This is a really annoying bug, and it seems to be getting worse (though perhaps that's just my patience with it running out).

The suggested workaround to only use it when there is no one else around has no effect at all for me.

With my current Bounty Hunter, previewing Mako is not possible at all regardless of whether I have her with me or not. Not armor, not weapons, not customization. The other companions work sometimes.

When I do manage to get a preview of something, adding another item usually flips the preview to the "invisible man" mode, sometimes showing just a single random item, but mostly just nothing. So I have no chance at something like "I wonder how that chest plate would look with that helmet?"

And yes, I do realize that this is not a game-breaking bug, and therefore has low priority, but these things are actually important to some of us.

If for some reason you have to be in Fleet or a populated area, one thing to try is to switch to your companion preview tab (bottom of the window), then switch back to yours. This should refresh the preview, but it doesn't last very long before disappearing again. At least you don't have to re-click all the stuff you were trying to view :)

• 1 month later...
This is a really annoying bug, and it seems to be getting worse (though perhaps that's just my patience with it running out).

The suggested workaround to only use it when there is no one else around has no effect at all for me.

With my current Bounty Hunter, previewing Mako is not possible at all regardless of whether I have her with me or not. Not armor, not weapons, not customization. The other companions work sometimes.

When I do manage to get a preview of something, adding another item usually flips the preview to the "invisible man" mode, sometimes showing just a single random item, but mostly just nothing. So I have no chance at something like "I wonder how that chest plate would look with that helmet?"

And yes, I do realize that this is not a game-breaking bug, and therefore has low priority, but these things are actually important to some of us.

I have had similar experiences. In my stronghold. I don't invite anyone to my stronghold, I don't have my companions or holos in my stronghold (I find that very creepy) and I even moved Felusia Stato out to another room. I try to preview stuff from the GTM terminal in my stronghold and get all the buggy behavior described above and then possibly some. This might be an issue of the Windows client portion of the game not managing its graphics resources properly.

Still happens even when in my stronghold.

I also wish we could preview entire crates of gear. If gear is sold as an entire set in a crate let us preview all the pieces on ourselves instead of no preview option.

If it's in a *CM* crate, you can use the Collections window to preview. Find the set, click it to get the little pop-up, switch the view to "items", and use the preview buttons on the items in the scrollable panel.