Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Ben and Bioware remains silent about the critisism for 5.1.

Dreez

I can't argue with anything you said here, other than I don't expect big changes to gearing in 5.2. They might surprise me, but I expect that will be 5.5 or 5.6 or maybe even 6.0 if there is a 6.0.

I'm basing my hunch on they need something to make the 5.2 content repeatable more than "normal".

GC means even though they have people grinding now they will reach a point by 5.2 that those that stuck around and did use GC have no need to grind anymore ( already geared as much as they like and/or sick of it entirely ).

So they will then have to rethink things ... "New operation, we want people to repeat this a lot until the next boss drops, people have already geared through GC so how can we make people want to repeat this?".

That's the question I would be asking myself if I were BWA and the best answer is stat gear drops.

It's of course more complex than that as they need to also take PVP gearing into consideration ( giving gear drops to the boss means you make it easier way to gear which affects PVP balance for those with no interest in doing the boss ) but I feel they'll have to do something.

My guess? Guaranteed 2 x SB drop per 8m run and 4 x for 16m - random piece though. Then just ignore the PVP fallout heh.

That gets lots of people doing the new boss to gear up instead of GC/PVP - poor rng on other ops.

would be stupid if they just went in with a 50% drop rate of any piece - it needs to be guaranteed, it's what people want and at this stage appeasing as many people as possible is more important than trying to get people to grind **** they don't want to do and thus forcing them out.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that this game will be dead it already is, I cancelled my sub at 5.0 but because I bought it 6 monthly Im still sub until march. 5.1 has done nothing to make me resub. Ops loot is still still ****; come on 1 item per op that just *********** sucks. The story is linear with almost no difference between factions and characters. Goodbye SWTOR. The only saving grace is that my guild has a facebook page so we can keep in touch. But that is something we did and has nothing to do with the game or Bioware. Goodbye SWTOR I'm sure we'll find a better mmo to play as a group. :mad:

The vocal forum warriors don't represent the vast majority of players. They have access to metrics to show them if it is successful or not.

Jesus H Bloody Christ on a stick man, look at the fleet chat. People are *********** pissed off at this system; it's the topic in almost every single WZ or Ops run.

People talking negatively about these changes everywhere. It's really really bad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.