Reorganizing Data, Verifying, Downloading New Patches...

Shikai_Li

So long story short, when this game came out, I built a brand new computer with a i7-2600k with 32GB of DDR3 Ram and (I believe at the time) 2 BRAND NEW Nvidia 780ti's just to play this game in ultra, collectors edition preorder and all.

I've upgraded since then.

So last night I even played up until about 5 minutes before the servers went down for maintenance.

I assumed, awesome, small patch update, some bug fixes, and regular server maintenance.

Just got home from work, wanted to relax, do a little bit of grinding on SWTOR.

But I'm stuck with a reorganizing data at 19.3% with an ST above the status, that took took nearly 45mins to do.

Why?

This has been an ongoing issue since launch, I've had the issue with my older computer as well. But paid it no mind, because I would let the game launch and do it's thing while I go to work and it will be done by the time I get home.

Tonight I had the same issue. I got fed up. So I decided to do a quick google search and the SWTOR Community on here and Reddit has found methods on how to fix or address this issue and make this issue more tolerable.

But why hasn't it been fixed?

I literally had to google this method tonight on how to fix the slow process of reorganizing data, verifying and downloading new patches.

Both sources suggested that I go into my task manager and "set affinity" in my all my BitRaider processes as well as in the SWTOR launcher to just a dual core when currently I'm rocking an 8 core processor.

And guess what? It worked!

Source 1 (2013): http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673644

Source 2 (2016):

This is just lazy. We're way past launch. Since gone Free 2 Play, yeah, the servers have gone to cut costs, but the cash has racked up since then. I've well spent over $1500 on 2 accounts with you guys. A lot of it on Cartel stuff. I'm not the only one whose probably done that either, probably not the last, and I know I'm not the only one whose experienced this issue either. It needs to be addressed.

Id rather it be a polished game before new content is added. Fix stuff first before you add stuff is all I'm saying.

I just came on here to say that. I barely make forum posts But I figured id come on here and let someone know if the devs are clueless about the issue. Probably won't hear a reply from me. But I will check to see if my message has been addressed.

Edited by Shikai_Li
Adding Info / Typos

I don;t see where you tried this so I'll go ahead and suggest it. Try forcing a repair - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729911

That usually fixes it for me. I have to do that when I'm on an ISP or connection that doesn;t like BitTorrent and/or large downloads of data. From working with a webhosting company that caters to soccer moms, I can tell you that AT&T and some of the old, purchased Comcast networks are big like that. They like throwing in data to break up a stream if they detect large amounts of traffic.