• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went from 134k HP to 118 HP inside a WZ

Crit rating/Surge/Alacrity/ MAx DAmage everything changed

Didn't do the mat arround the decrease

GG

Wait so you decreases in stats when entering a warzone? That means something is there but it's decreasing your stats. Interesting.

Do you still receive the bolster buff within a warzone?

Edited by kissingaiur

Here is a comparison before/after in regs (i think for ranked it's the same).

http://imgur.com/a/mvrcf

1st Image: 5.1 Outside of warzone (on guild ship)

2nd Image: 5.1 bolstered, unranked

3rd Image: How it was in 5.0, in a warzone (unranked) <-- Comparison here is slightly skewed, as for 1st and 2nd Image I had an accuracy enhancement where for 3rd image (before 5.1) I had a critical enhancement instead. I am leaving 3rd image just to give a general direction. Image 1 and 2 give the true picture.

I am in 230-234-240 gear and versatile stim (all class buffs). If you need more details, let me know. I just hope all the work you did figuring out the bolster would not be in vain.

I do receive the bolster buff (the icon is there) but the stats are practically the same, only marginal differences.

Edited by iam_celestial

I was about to say lol. Interesting. If it was intended I don't understand why they wouldn't put this in patch notes. It is a pretty big change. Hm

I think it's a mistake and not intentional. Hard to imagine they would ninja nerf bolster without one mention of it. Bolster being accidentally altered by patches in the past has happened and that's what i think has occured.

On one hand I'm inclined to think this would either be a bug or they are trying to "fix" bolster before they re-release it. on the other hand if this is the case, at least the gear will mean something and when people get to around t2-t3 it will be pretty decent balance.

If indeed they simply felt they were not obligated to let us know of such a big change, and it was purposeful, well then I have np with it.

However, if they want gears to actually matter and the grind to be worthwhile, then they are probably going to have to drop gears a bit faster and reward more tokens, unassembled parts, or whatever the **** it is we need for the higher tier armors.

On one hand I'm inclined to think this would either be a bug or they are trying to "fix" bolster before they re-release it. on the other hand if this is the case, at least the gear will mean something and when people get to around t2-t3 it will be pretty decent balance.

Except people that are new players or are just getting out of the 65 brackets will be 100 % ALWAYS wrecked until they put in their 200 hours minimum PER set.

So instead they just make the gear completely worthless? you can CRAFT higher gear than bolster, ffs!

The new bolster , if you could call it that is nonsense. There are people running around with 40 k more health than me and 1000 pri more damage laughing their way to town because tehy spent the last year only playing this game.

ok so, someone needs to explain this. does the newer gear bolster down? or do people wearing below 232 gear get bolstered up to 232 and everyone else with the new gear (anywhere up to 242) use their current stats?

No idea to be honest, all I know was that there was no bolster buff, and I was getting railed and was shooting peas after optimizing my gear for bolster.

I was hoping this was a bug. After resigning myself to the awful 5.0 gear grind, I have slowly accumulated a full set/near full set of purple 230s and have crafted augs/implants that min/max my main toons, based off the info that is out there (thanks Bant, Hottie, and company). With the 5.0 bolster, the gear set ups I have been using seemed to be good enough to last me the entirety of 5.0.... if Bioware didn't change things drastically.

At face value, it appears that 5.1 is going to make my current 5.0 gear set ups sub optimal (I'm guessing my crit is going to be well below the soft cap on my dps toons). I'd personally rather pvp gear be easy to obtain, but I am alright with having to put in a little work (4.0 for example). But once I've done that work, I'd like it to last longer than just .1 of the 5.0 phase.

230 - 234 all augmented fully optimized pre bolster nerf.

People that had higher ( what was the max?) were just obliterating me and laughing at me.

And stars help my teammates who had 208, or 216

well they would all bolster to 232. It sounds like you're right on the cap and your teammates would be getting bolstered to around your stats. you also have to think you don't know who has higher than 230's they would have to have full t2 or working on t3 to be that ahead of you.

gosh, I was assuming gear above 232 was getting downscaled to 232 and gear below was getting bolstered?

I think it means, anything under 232 will get bolstered up to 232 stats. Everything over 232 gear will not get bolstered and will get you the exact stat amount it says. I will be checking once I download the patch.