The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gunslinger/Sniper gearing question

Cenla_Saint

So I'm running a dirty fighting GS and I love it. PVP is so much better for me now that I learned how to use my DCDs better. I do have a question regarding gearing.

So Sink over on Dulfy wrote a guide for virulence sniper. They recommend 45% crit, 105% accuracy, and 10% alacrity. They say to use enhancents to achieve this with most of your augments being the power type

Meanwhile over on TORcommunity a guide has been posted using Bant's theory crafting formulas. The stat goals are pretty much the same it seems but they suggest using crit and alacrity augments to reach the goal.

Which should I be following? There is no more pvp only stat (forgot the name of it) so would pve a guide be useful now?

So I'm running a dirty fighting GS and I love it. PVP is so much better for me now that I learned how to use my DCDs better. I do have a question regarding gearing.

So Sink over on Dulfy wrote a guide for virulence sniper. They recommend 45% crit, 105% accuracy, and 10% alacrity. They say to use enhancents to achieve this with most of your augments being the power type

Meanwhile over on TORcommunity a guide has been posted using Bant's theory crafting formulas. The stat goals are pretty much the same it seems but they suggest using crit and alacrity augments to reach the goal.

Which should I be following? There is no more pvp only stat (forgot the name of it) so would pve a guide be useful now?

NEver use crit and alacrity augments. -ever- All those should be accomplished by enhancements. And make sure to go to the bolster thing on the vanguard ship to see where your stats are in warzones. Your accuracy is already bolstered to 104% in warzones, so adding to that is just pointless.

You should run 1 accuracy augment to put you at 105% as a sniper. After that, I use a mix of mastery, crit, and alacrity augments

My key stats out of a warzone:

102.36% acc

41.62% Crit

11.17% Alacrity

3400-3691 damage

Inside a warzone:

104.93% Acc

45.13% Crit

12.53% Alacrity

3846-4137 damage

I would shoot for those ranges (plus or minus a couple percent doesn't really matter) using a mix of alacrity/crit enhancements and alacrity/crit/mastery augments (+1 accuracy augment)

I use 230 relics, enhancements, earpiece and a mix of 208-236 for my gear. At 145 command rank, I still haven't gotten my 230 armoring for my boots or legs which would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.

If you can focus on hitting the accuracy, 40-45% crit, 10-12% alacrity, you should be in good shape.

Dirt Fighting benefits even more than other specs from crit/alacrity augments. Crit gives you higher energy regen and synergizes with some of the surge bonuses you have in your tree while alacrity makes your dots tick faster (and the usual making your abilities come off CD faster).

Edited by EnzoForMe