Launcher Issue: "..app has encountered an unspecified err. please try this patch.."

ModaanOfTarq

"...again. "

Happening now. Game won't get past "initializing". Very frustrating not being able to play on the day I have available. Anyone else having same issue? I've closed launcher, relogged in 5x, same issue. Nothing on SWTOR Twitter Account. All realms show online.

Edited by ModaanOfTarq

I have the same issues....I've tried many possibilities posted here on forum, but nothing helped me.

In conclusion, i pay for subscription and not being able to play.

I mention this is not the first time that is happening. And it is weird that in the morning everything is fine, working normally, but at night....it doesn't work anymore. I don't want to reinstall the game again everyday, it is very frustrating. :|

So please, is there anyone can help?

Reboot the PC then Open task manager and end task on all bitraider processes

after that right mouse click the game shortcut and select open file location then delete the bitraider folder then start the launcher

If this persists the non streaming launcher can not get this error it is impossible but to change is a new game install per this link

Edited by OwenBrooks

• 2 weeks later...

This is a 100% way to remove this error as unspecified error is unique to the streaming launcher, just be mindful swicthing to non streaming is a new game download

Best steps for unspecified error is to reboot the PC, go into taskmanager and end all bitraider processes then right mouse click on the game shortcut and select open file location, delete the bitraider folder then start the launcher

also ensure launcher.exe etc are in the antivirus and firewall exception lists