No queue for story mode operations?

What the poster above me means to say is that people don't usually queue for operations if they don't already have a full group. So go to your faction's fleet and follow the general chat, there will usually be lots of people looking for members for any given day's group finder operation.

Whatever happened to doing raids for the social aspect rather the gear and CXP? I remember raiding for learning stuff together as a team.

That's what my guild does internally and my preference but that has nothing to do with GF which is what I assumed you were asking about.

I've never used GF for Ops before and if you'll pardon my ignorance it's my understanding that those inclined to do so weren't particularly tolerant of folks looking for a social or learning run. The disaster known as Galactic Command has compounded that problem by severely punishing failure on top of making it unrewarding in the extreme.

Whatever happened to doing raids for the social aspect rather the gear and CXP? I remember raiding for learning stuff together as a team.

Well the raids in this game are 2+ years old so most of the learning is already done. The new players in this game are here mostly for the story. If i were you i would just form your own group and do them.

It still exists...just within guilds.

For example, my regularly scheduled raid group has gotten together every Tuesday and Thursday since the start of December and we run a SM OPs or two just to have some fun together. We know that the CXP is not optimal

(in fact last week while we were running SM S&V we had just engaged Titan 6 and two other guildies ran and completed 5 Veteran Fractured Uprisings by the time we were engaging Styrak and got FAR more CXP than we did running SM S&V)

but we do it anyway. Our plan is to start working our progression again in a couple of weeks.

LFR in WOW is way different. Even the easiest story mode will likely be more difficult than anything in LFR. You'll probably want to find a guild to raid and learn with or try pugging through general chat like others said. Just be prepared if people get annoyed when you don't know the fights at all especially if you're tanking or healing. You can be carried through and learn easy enough as dps. It has been over 2 years since we got a new raid, so pretty much everyone knows them now.

(in fact last week while we were running SM S&V we had just engaged Titan 6 and two other guildies ran and completed 5 Veteran Fractured Uprisings by the time we were engaging Styrak and got FAR more CXP than we did running SM S&V).

If they did 5 fractured the time it took you to go from titan 6 to styrak, they were actually taking their time :)

But yes, Operations need a major CXP buff.

1st- Its time consuming. If you don't have an hour free, better run some uprisings. Its also more time consuming to get a ops group going than a 4 players uprising. Especially if running Fractured with 3 dps 1 heal setup.

2nd - While SM wipes are rare now because we run EVERYTHING inside guild for the most part, I'd guess for PuG group in some fights they can happen, and you get 0 cxp for wiping. But HM should have cxp reward scaled quite a bit to be worth it.

3rd- Uprisings and Warzones don't have lockout for the week. Ops do. I'm not saying "remove lockout" I'm saying make them worth it.

4th- Making HM and NiM ops drop massive cxp would be a way to be fair with progression raider. In 4.0, those ops team could get gear faster since they were tackling down harder stuff, while most people just waited for highlighted HM EV/KP (still getting most 224 eventually). They could then proceed to even harder content with the gear acquired etc.

In 5.0, they locked that behind a few hundred hour of grinding modes they are not interested in, and many just left the game, since they didnt have that kind of time to invest, or didnt want to.

Imo its perfectly acceptable if that cxp system work in either you do a lot of easier stuff (uprising, reg wz, heroics etc) OR you tackle harder stuff (ranked wz, hm/nim ops, and depending on their difficulty, the upcoming master Uprisings/chapters)

That won't really work with GF, where you can consider yourself lucky when the "Tank" actually has tank gear, and the healer heard of the concept of cleansing. This is why people build at least a core group before they list on GF.

Of course there are groups that are looking for a milk run without voice chat, and require NiM achievements and gear for a SM op, but there are also those that are actually inviting new players to join. But even the later have a core group that knows what to to. Running content that is new for everyone really only works in a guild, or among friends, where you stick together to clear the content, and no quitting and kicking starts after the first few wipes.