Launcher not launching

FBratsis

When I start the game the launcher comes up, but is blacked out. if i click on the space windows asks if I want to close or wait. It ran fine a week ago. I have Win 10 Home. I've uninstalled, reinstalled from the site & from within Origin. i've cleared winsock, all caches, services & firewall rules. Please help!

I gather you use Bitdefender ? see the known issues sticky (link)

This may help as it sounds like this issue

Thanks for the Help. Removing Bitdefender solved my problem also. The weird thing is there was no warning that it was an antivirus problem. Bitdefender just silently blocked it from loading. I think it's Bitdefender ' s new ransomware protection engine causing the problem possibly.

I had to go in to the Bitdefender Antivirus exclusions , I added the SWTOR install folder and then the individual files Launcher.exe , swtor.exe and the bitraider ones as well seperately under folder and file exclusions. Then i had to add them again under process services exclusions in BitDefender in order to get Swtor working again.

I hope this helps anybody that experiences this issue.

Edited by OwenBrooks

I use Trend Micro internet security myself on all my PCs here never had an issue yet (touch wood)

If you follow LordCmdrReaperrr steps above it should get you back up and running again with Bitdefender, best to flag with Bitdefender so they can possibly stop this occurring in a future version

Edited by OwenBrooks