The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tank spec really that bad?

Xorren

Okay so I am at a crossroads where I need to decide which of my tank classes I want to level to 70 and gear. I always liked the BH/Trooper tanking style, not just because it had some range but I liked the way it played and the cooldowns. Is threat gen working? Those of you who have worked with the spec, do you have issues holding aggro? I will level my guardian if I need to but I really don't like the way it plays.

FYI, the range on the PT/VG is now 10 meters except for your basic attack. The class is so much garbage now it's not even funny. If you want to tank, use the Guard/JUGG or Shadow/Assassin.

Till EA fixes this mess, avoid VG/PT.

Honestly I agree however as a long time Vanguard Tank main I continued to play it in 5.0 and have been successful downing NIMs thus far.

Vanguard Tanks easily have the highest damage output. They also can be useful still, you gotta really know how to play them. I also use the clicky Sheild and Absorb relic as well as a medpac and tank adrenal to help supplement our lack of cool downs in comparisons.

Will the other two tanks be better? Probably, Dtps wise....but Vanguard is doable as I have been proving.