The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Final plea about Jedi robes. Simple, realistic. All models already in. Only retex.

Licensing? What are You guys talking about :D

We got clipping Exiled Master ak'a 100% Ben Kenobi robes (ep IV)

We got Many KotOR I/II outfits. We could have Master Kavar outfit

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/b8/Kavar_fight.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070425142414

But we won't get, from a simple reason that i mention in my previous posts ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to do something smilar to Obi-Wan

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/06/30/83/063083fe6c0cbec1faf7b2d390646e23.jpg

But i don't use this outfit anymore. I look like an idiot. Specially in front :D

The Exiled Knight chest piece is probably the most similar to Obi Wan's tunic. It's far from exact (what's with the strap and random shoulder guard?), but it's about as close as current designs get.

There are some other options for making a cool looking Jedi that isn't out of step with the lore. The character may not look like Obi Wan or Luke Skywalker however. Jolee Bindo's chest piece and leggings, Elegant Duelist boots, and Outlander Maverick gloves would probably make a decent set. Might have to play around with dyes, though.

That all said...

Some options that look like the Jedi robes from the films would be great. It is a bit surprising that they haven't yet been rolled out in a pack.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

The Exiled Knight chest piece is probably the most similar to Obi Wan's tunic. It's far from exact (what's with the strap and random shoulder guard?), but it's about as close as current designs get.

There are some other options for making a cool looking Jedi that isn't out of step with the lore. The character may not look like Obi Wan or Luke Skywalker however. Jolee Bindo's chest piece and leggings, Elegant Duelist boots, and Outlander Maverick gloves would probably make a decent set. Might have to play around with dyes, though.

That all said...

Some options that look like the Jedi robes from the films would be great. It is a bit surprising that they haven't yet been rolled out in a pack.

This is it. Players must buy 5 different sets or wasting money + dye to get half-cool effect of jedi robes.

I've found this on gogle

http://i.imgur.com/anVUTZA.png

Not sure it's Your Alec or not? I would pay 10.000 CC for this ^ with hood down Exiled Master brown cape... :rolleyes:

This is it. Players must buy 5 different sets or wasting money + dye to get half-cool effect of jedi robes.

I've found this on gogle

http://i.imgur.com/anVUTZA.png

Not sure it's Your Alec or not? I would pay 10.000 CC for this ^ with hood down Exiled Master brown cape... :rolleyes:

This is ajunta pall's tunic which was bugged on female body types. It didn't display the hood with some headpiece and funky orange stuff. It was a perfect, simple tunic which I begged for when it came out 3 years ago. Sadly to no effect. This + tabard would have been perfect. Would pay more than 2k cc too for a decent Jedi set :l

But here I've had enough of their trolling and indifference. I am absolutely sick of the ridiculous "Jedi" outfits they keep spawning with absolutely no thought or dedication. Instead of simple things we get overcomplicated junk filled with unnecessary attachments thrown in there for the sake of it. art team has no idea how to capture the looks and feelings of the Jedi in their appearance.

I am not coming back until I see some changes. I gave them so many suggestions and solutions and didn't see a single one of them, despite it being more than viable for the timeline and technologically doable.

Here's another few sugestions from three years back:

http://i.imgur.com/ek3XDEc.jpg

http://s12.postimg.org/bwyfo50p9/artwork.png

http://i.imgur.com/5J9oXnP.jpg

So it's not like I just have unrealistic demands without actually giving them visual guidelines. They had a loyal subscriber in me, they could have thrown me a bone at least once. I don't know where that guy is who made perverted clothing photoshops, which they put into game (!) but as far as I am aware he jumped in and out with his sub. I was loyal and patient for years. Only wanted to fulfil my Jedi fantasy. And it's not like it would only be me who was happy with those robes.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Hey

Today I tried to make Gnost Dural Jedi robes (SWTOR era)

I spent +/- 1 hour with edition existing robes and here is my effect of work. I almost cried when i finished so excited :D

Sorry I couldn't do better skirt and pants, I have no idea and skills how to do it :( It's all i could do. I really love Jedi's back with hood down. The front is a bit poor, but its my weak Paint skills :cool: Hope You enjoy it anyway!!!!

http://imgur.com/QzOiNRL

Maybe I'll try to edit it more with any better graphic program, or maybe Alec You could try do better front.

PS: BETTER TO LOOK ON IT FROM DISTANCE, BE 1m AWAY FROM SCREEN FOR GOOD EFFECT :D

Edited by tummiswtor

I'd be happy with just a hood-down Exiled Master reskin. The rest is fine, and looks very "Jedi".

An additional option is to give players the armor worn by the Jedi master in Oricon's story, Republic side. There is something similar that has been released, but it has a weird hood sort of glued on to it that basically ruined it. That set would have been great if it dyed properly and didn't have the hood. It looked very different than "movie-era" and still was very Jedi in appearance.

Master Ranos robes (3.x Consular robes without the weird should attachments) is another great Jedi set, particularly for female characters, that is currently unavailable, but would be easy to put in the game. Heck, just remove the restrictions for using it on Master Ranos only so we can stamp it into the appearance tab.

Centurion Force Master/Mystic robes that have been unavailable since early 2012, use BW's own designs, and were really cool looking. I have no idea why this set hasn't come back on the Cartel Market yet. That was the best Jedi set in the game, in my opinion, though it worked better for the Consular class, before Exiled Master gave a different "movie-esque" option.

My general impression is Sith looks sell better for BW, so they are just less concerned with putting good Jedi sets into the game. Otherwise, we wouldn't see the disparity in the number of rare and high-quality Cartel Market sets between Jedi and Sith that exists in the game.

Edited by arunav

They promised Hood Down/Up option maybe 3 years ago.

I can't imagine to have another set of Exiled Master and spend another XXXX CC's to get it or credits.

wish they ever add option to hood up/down for all robes or like with Tunings, first a few ones, than later add more and more.

• 6 months later...

Even in the new movies you don't get anything that's close to the horrid stuff swtor swtor art team started to introduce i nthe last months.

Old man luke is wearing a simple robe. even rey is wearing a simple tabard over light clothing while Kylo is wearing an extremely simple surcout-like stuff.

Why can't we have simple outfits like that in swtor but instead they throw monstrosities that no one is wearing? No one. I've yet to meet a player in that horribly designed reclusive master, dynamic paladin or enigmatic hero sets. Please get your stuff together, team. There is a demand for Star Wars-like outfits in a Star Wars game. It's not a big thing to request!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I don't play Jedi toons because of this as well. Why don't you give us some robes already?! I think it's a slap in the face to the players to have it on a NPC but still can't get it for ourselves. It's ridiculous! Your Jedi armor designs SUCK and we won't ever like them. Stop trying to shove those subpar designs down our throats!