Issues with the Darth Malgus holostatue and the Meditation Chamber Rest item

NeoWolf

Okay I have two characters one has the DARTH MALGUS Holostatue, and another has the MEDITATION chamber rest and recharge item. Both of these items were gained literally years ago (2013ish) so obviously the bound timers are LONG gone and they should have been added to my collection.

However in both items case NEITHER has added to collections both items still show as greyed out and stating I do not own this item in my collection, which is obviously NOT the case because I do. As a result of this I cannot unlock them for my account or claim more copies on each of the two characters that has each item.

This is clearly a big as I ticket the issue and was told by support to post it in suggestions, which I did only to discover other people reporting they have these items to and they are in their collections and are claimable, unockable for their account..so I am stumped as to why mine aren't and would like the issue looked at and fixed please.

I've also sent a bug report of this via the in game ticket thing too.

Edited by NeoWolf

There's no relationship between the 36-hour bind timer and the character-level unlock in Collections.

Have you *used* the items on any character? If not, it doesn't unlock in Collections.

If the items are *bound* (permanently) on the characters who have them, and NOT unlocked for that character in Collections, then you have a problem.

If the items are NOT bound on the characters who have them, then you haven't used the items, and they won't be unlocked in Collections.

There's no relationship between the 36-hour bind timer and the character-level unlock in Collections.

Have you *used* the items on any character? If not, it doesn't unlock in Collections.

If the items are *bound* (permanently) on the characters who have them, and NOT unlocked for that character in Collections, then you have a problem.

If the items are NOT bound on the characters who have them, then you haven't used the items, and they won't be unlocked in Collections.

Yup both have been used and many times but at no point have the items on either character (1 has the darth malgus and another has the meditation chamber) added to collections, they are still greyed out and say I do not have them in my collections.

Yup both have been used and many times but at no point have the items on either character (1 has the darth malgus and another has the meditation chamber) added to collections, they are still greyed out and say I do not have them in my collections.

Argh. I remember now. The Malgus statue (if you mean the one bought from the vendor on Fleet) doesn't unlock in Collections. The Satele Shan one is the same. Not sure about the meditation chamber. I have that on one character, but I haven't looked into unlocking it further.

Both holostatues are supposed to unlock in collection. I have Malgus one from vendor and it unlocked in collections after bind timer disappeared. Then I just had to use it and it unlocked for character. Currently it is account unlocked.

What you could try is put it into your cargo hold and then take it back from there. I don't know if this has any effect but it could help.

Edited by Halinalle

Both holostatues are supposed to unlock in collection. I have Malgus one from vendor and it unlocked in collections after bind timer disappeared. Then I just had to use it and it unlocked for character. Currently it is account unlocked.

What you could try is put it into your cargo hold and then take it back from there. I don't know if this has any effect but it could help.

that is my understanding too. I tried the cargo hold thing that doesn't work sadly :(

Edited by NeoWolf

Argh. I remember now. The Malgus statue (if you mean the one bought from the vendor on Fleet) doesn't unlock in Collections. The Satele Shan one is the same. Not sure about the meditation chamber. I have that on one character, but I haven't looked into unlocking it further.

If that is true then that is very odd as EVERYTHING else you buy from any of those vendors unlocks in collections, so it must be a bug.

I've also sent a bug report of this via the in game ticket thing too.
If you filed your ticket as a "bug report" you won't get any action on it, just a canned response that says ... it's been forwarded to the dev team, you won't get any further response, keep an eye on patch notes to see if/when it has been fixed.

If you file a ticket as "Item/Loot", or maybe Character/Companion you should get some CSR action on it. (I went through a whole series fo tickecs/emails with CS regarding the DvL Datacron stronghold decoration from the DvL event, before finally sorting out what was and was not actually "broken" with that item.)

A lot of people post about how awful CS is for this game, but they do actually work with folks on stuff.