Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Proton Torpedo

Lillepony

As far as I can gather, the crosshair seems to change, depending on what you're aiming at. This leads me to believe, that perhaps the proton torpedos are only usable on certain targets, like space stations or capitol ships. However, if this is true, then it is messing up my space mission "Clouds of Vonduru", since I can not target the capitol ships shield generators with my missiles.

As far as I can gather, the crosshair seems to change, depending on what you're aiming at. This leads me to believe, that perhaps the proton torpedos are only usable on certain targets, like space stations or capitol ships. However, if this is true, then it is messing up my space mission "Clouds of Vonduru", since I can not target the capitol ships shield generators with my missiles.

I was able to target the ship's shield generators with my missles before I equipped the proton torpedos. Also, that was before patch. So it's either since I equipped the torpedos, or it's becuase something messed up since patch.

Hm.... time to unequip and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Just experienced this massive frustration.

Hit 50 last night and got my proton torpedos.

Excited to use my new weapons, I also did the 'Clouds' mission.

Yay. failed 0/4 on shield generators.

1. You can no longer shoot your normal missles that them which to me sounds like a bug.

2. There is no description or interface for how to use the proton torpedos.

3. randomly holding down right mouse and pressing other buttons seems to make the number go down (meaning, I think I actually shot one once, but have no idea how I did it).

Please fix this or tell us how the heck this horrible interface is supposed to work.

Just make it a toggle or something and assign it to '5' key.

Proton torpedoes can be fired on heavy armored targets by holding down right click and mousing over the target for about 3 seconds. The targeting ring is red and does a lock on zoom type animation. The super star destroyers in this link have 4 shield generators spread out along the fat part of the ship for example that trigger proton torpedoes. http://s.guildomatic.com/176223/host/81/810ca63dd3313dbf7f4026b79a326862.jpg

If it takes 3 seconds to lock on by holding right click and you see a red animation then its a proton torpedo not a regular missile. There is no special key to fire proton torpedoes they just auto select based upon a heavy armor target or not.

It is absolutely ABSURD that I can't fire regular missles at these shield generators anymore. What if I want to save my proton torpedoes for something else?

Dude, there are only so many buttons on our controllers...

Er, wait, this is a PC game where we have keyboards. Unfortunately, it seems even PC-only games are getting consolized by developers lately.

Edited by Shillen

Proton Torps are completely useless.

You get 3 shots but loose the ability to fire normal torpedoes on capital shield generators meaning clouds of vondoru, where you have to destroy 4 generators, is impossible to complete.

I found out that it is not impossible to fire the missiles at the shield generators. You just have to do it the same way like with the proton torpedos. You have to aim for the generators for a few secs and then you can fire the missiles on them. It's annoying I know but it works

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.