Master Ranos customization

Jacob_Cora

I don't know if this is a bug or something intended.

I have bought the Canderous Ordo set for Master Ranos, but that armor set doesn't have wrist gear. The default one she is using is horrible (at least I don't like it), so I bought the Covert armor set to put the invisible wrist gear on her... but it's not working!

I equip the companion with the Covert wrist gear, but the default one is shown :(

I don't know if this is a bug or something intended.

I have bought the Canderous Ordo set for Master Ranos, but that armor set doesn't have wrist gear. The default one she is using is horrible (at least I don't like it), so I bought the Covert armor set to put the invisible wrist gear on her... but it's not working!

I equip the companion with the Covert wrist gear, but the default one is shown :(

From what I can tell the covert armor is the only armor that doesn't work with her. There are many small, unobtrusive bracers that might blend in well enough since Bioware has shown no interest in fixing visual bugs with companions. (Vector & Scourge have been bugged for about 4 Years now.)

Be advised that Shae Visla can't wear any revealing armor at all. Bioware is aware of the issue and plans to fix her, but the fix might involve removing gear slots entirely instead of fixing her skin textures.

From what I can tell the covert armor is the only armor that doesn't work with her. There are many small, unobtrusive bracers that might blend in well enough since Bioware has shown no interest in fixing visual bugs with companions. (Vector & Scourge have been bugged for about 4 Years now.)

Be advised that Shae Visla can't wear any revealing armor at all. Bioware is aware of the issue and plans to fix her, but the fix might involve removing gear slots entirely instead of fixing her skin textures.

Oh joy, so does that mean we'll see yet another female companion in slave girl clothes? ... Or did you mean that Bioware has plans to fix Ranos?

Honestly, I hope Bioware doesn't change Visla, or that we can't customize future companions (besides the original companions) in terms of clothing. It aggravates me more then it should, when I see the female companions in the stupid slave girl stuff.

As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the best things Bioware could have done with companions, even if it means that I have to give up my ability to put them in different armor/clothes.

It aggravates me more then it should, when I see the female companions in the stupid slave girl stuff.

It's definitely "more than it should". They aren't your companions, leave those other players alone.

DISCLAIMER: the only people in my legacy who go around in skimpies are my characters. (At a distance, when my DvL Sorc is in that sort of mood, she looks naked. Rattataki female, Basic Women's Underwear and Covert Energy pieces, dyed white/white. Up close, the BWU is easy to see, although not *obvious*, but at a distance it is hard to see that she isn't naked. Also, search these forums for "Tikreva'tarsil" to see a picture of one of my other characters.) My companions, however, either wear their default clothes / armour, or wear a themed set, such as Kylath's crew who wear the BBA Bounty Tracker set, or the companions of other troopers, who tend to go for the Tactical Infantry set.

It's definitely "more than it should". They aren't your companions, leave those other players alone.
One of my characters is a Sith. (Actually more than one, but anyway...) One of his companions is a "slave", complete with shock collar. Why shouldn't this companion be dressed in a "slave girl" outfit? Heck, why shouldn't all his "companions" be attired as slaves? They're his servants, not his friends. Edited by Adric_the_Red