The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thoughts on Vanguard changes?

AWantedMan

There is so much miss info here. First, this "2 button" myth has been debunked a long time ago. And to keep you up with the updates, all PT specs had the same skills and rotations since 3.0, more than 2 years ago. What changed is performance and range.

And when I hear AP PT has great burst, I assume you have not played or seen, Dec sins, Fury mara, Carnage mara, MM sniper and Arsenal Merc. So AP now is a fifth rated burst spec with mediocre sustained damage :rak_02:

The only thing AP PT has going on is mobility and support. It does not offer much otherwise.

You want talk about change that no one asked for and completely ruined the class? The culling of range.

Yes, AP PT and tank are not the bottom of the barrel when it comes to performance, but in comparison with other classes it is crystal clear they are behind considerably. Mercs are not as good as people claim, but there is no questions they are head and shoulders above PT in performance.

Last thing, pyro PT sadly still exist, and seem it is going to remain the worst spec till the end of time/

2 Button PT was a sarcasm.

I am talking purely about PVP here, not PVE since the latter is just so poor in SWTOR im not going to even pretend im interested anymore.

Jugg tanks perform much worse in PVP especially TR environment, which every good TR team will confirm to you.

Only the assassins are better. Yes much better.

As for burst goes, you are underestimating the PT burst. And yes i do play Arsenal and IO merc as well as engi and mm sniper in TR/YOLO, as well as norms. Talking about usefullness? Yes both merc and sniper are simply the DPS specs go to, but mercs are not played in TR anymore if you havent noticed (its to easy to bait their DCDs and hardswap again making their defenses useless and bringing no health back). Carnage? Putting the same or better burst on TR than a mara right now, while also having the same or better sustained.

As i said. I will be glad if they will add one/two defensive utilities from merc, and combine some useless utilities into packs (or remove them altogether).

YOLO is more tricky, but as i said, doable and winable. Even under full 4 man enemy focus.

Range. Think you forgot we had one range nerf already in the past, and pt was still playable and enjoyable. They returned pt to 30m range because most people just didnt knew how to survive.