The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Party Size of 4???

Dyrrath

Am I wrong here? Has it really been 5 years since the games release and there is only a maximum party size of 4?? What MMO has a party size of 4???

Is there a way around this? Is there a support forum for suggestions to game developers? Is there an active complaint about this already? Or is there any update coming to change this?

An Ops group? Huh, I've never heard of that before. Whats the difference between an ops group and a normal party? Can we still quest as normal in an ops group?

By the way, thanks for the quick reply! I'm not really familiar with Swtor.. I've played a lot of GW2, and DDO, but this ones new to me. We're trying to play Swtor as a family for a christmas party tradition. (every year we play a new MMO.) Thanks for any and all info!

An Ops group? Huh, I've never heard of that before. Whats the difference between an ops group and a normal party? Can we still quest as normal in an ops group?!

Operations are SWTOR's version of raids - large group content, which includes world-bosses that just stand around on the planet, for everyone to run into.

While in an ops group (2-24 players, no companions) you can do any open world quests, but there are no co-op conversations, everyone needs to get the quest on their own. As long as you are in the same area, kills, collecting quest items and clicking objects will count for everyone's quests. You can't enter single player story or small group instances while in an ops group, though, even when the rest of your group is on another planet.

While in a normal party (players and companions up to a total of 4), the group can enter any instance that is open to at least one of the players. Conversations available to every class are shared. If it is a player's personal story instance, the others just get to see the conversation like a cutscene. When you are of the same class, you need to enter again after the first player is done. The story quests in SWTOR are very personal, you're not just some random grunt of your faction.

Edited by Mubrak