Need computer advice.

siege_tom

Computer:

Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.4GHz

8GB DDR2-1000 ram

ATI Radeon HD 5870

Currently I get good FPS only by dropping my game resolution and turning off bloom/shadows.

Is there anything that can be done to play on "ULTRA" ? W/o buying a new system. Would upgrading the processor to 3GHz help? Thanks.

Upgrading your processor to a quad-core will help with FPS, but you may want to get a Radeon 6000 series as well.

Still, this is not a good time to try to run the game on Ultra. It's going to be a few months before they work out most of the graphical bugs. There are plenty of people (including me) who own high-end gaming rigs and aren't getting great performance. This is to be expected considering the game just launched.

I didnt even know there was an ultra setting? Did they add this in the last week or so? I am on high with everything on and it runs great so I wouldnt mind trying it out. I have resolution at 1600x900. Or maybe you guys mean high=ultra? I have a 3.3ghz quad processor with a gtx 465 1gb Gdr5 ram, 8g system ram (the new kind)

Hi there!

There are existing discussion threads regarding computer hardware which you may find very helpful:

You can also check out our General FAQs for information about minimum system specifications.

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread. Please use one of the topics linked above for further questions and discussion of hardware specifications. Thank you!