The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add Gold Item Pack To Every Hypercrate

Xina_LA

Twice now, I've opened entire hypercrates to only get SIlver and Bronze items, even from the Grand Chance Cubes.

Sure, it's just bad luck, but it made me feel like I wasted my real-life money and didn't encourage me to buy a hypercrate when the next pack was released.

This seems like a good way to compensate for a random drop system that can be very fickle.

In addition to the normal number of packs, add Gold Chance Cube (gold from any pack) or Gold Gift Box (gold from the current pack) to every hypercrate.

That way, if you spend the money on an entire hypercrate, you're guaranteed to get at least one gold item.

Platinum items will be unaffected and as super rare as always.

This is good way to reward people who spend more on Cartel Coins.

Twice now, I've opened entire hypercrates to only get SIlver and Bronze items, even from the Grand Chance Cubes.

Sure, it's just bad luck, but it made me feel like I wasted my real-life money and didn't encourage me to buy a hypercrate when the next pack was released.

This seems like a good way to compensate for a random drop system that can be very fickle.

In addition to the normal number of packs, add Gold Chance Cube (gold from any pack) or Gold Gift Box (gold from the current pack) to every hypercrate.

That way, if you spend the money on an entire hypercrate, you're guaranteed to get at least one gold item.

Platinum items will be unaffected and as super rare as always.

This is good way to reward people who spend more on Cartel Coins.

It's such a good idea that they did it for a while, in the last pack series before 4.0 came out.

And people complained because the gold item that dropped from the extra pack was randomly chosen from the gold items in that particular pack release (e.g. the "platinum" pack in the Mid-Rim Explorer's pack hypercrate gave a random gold from the list of Mid-Rim Explorer golds), meaning that they didn't get the gold item they wanted.

It's such a good idea that they did it for a while, in the last pack series before 4.0 came out.

And people complained because the gold item that dropped from the extra pack was randomly chosen from the gold items in that particular pack release

Getting a gold that you can sell for credits is better than not getting a gold at all. At least you can spend those credits to purchase the gold you really want. You could also just trade with someone.

Getting a gold that you can sell for credits is better than not getting a gold at all. At least you can spend those credits to purchase the gold you really want. You could also just trade with someone.

My experience is that golds are *highly* variable in what people will pay for them. Some of the Cybernetic armour sets are gold, but would you pay much for one piece of a cybernetic armour set? Would you pay anything near the price of, say, a silver-rarity Relaxed Tracksuit chest?

OK, yeah, I understand that whole supply and demand thing, but you get my meaning, right? And people *did* complain, on these here forums, about getting the "wrong" gold - that is, not the one they wanted.