Launcher not responding

DizzyrupTor

Bitdefender has caused issues before , standby will find the old threads in case similar

Thanks for the Help. Removing Bitdefender solved my problem also. The weird thing is there was no warning that it was an antivirus problem. Bitdefender just silently blocked it from loading. I think it's Bitdefender ' s new ransomware protection engine causing the problem possibly.

I had to go in to the Bitdefender Antivirus exclusions , I added the SWTOR install folder and then the individual files Launcher.exe , swtor.exe and the bitraider ones as well seperately under folder and file exclusions. Then i had to add them again under process services exclusions in BitDefender in order to get Swtor working again.

I hope this helps anybody that experiences this issue.

Edited by LordCmdrReaperrr
Add information about Bitdefender

Thanks for the Help. Removing Bitdefender solved my problem also. The weird thing is there was no warning that it was an antivirus problem. Bitdefender just silently blocked it from loading. I think it's Bitdefender ' s new ransomware protection engine causing the problem possibly.

I had to go in to the Bitdefender Antivirus exclusions , I added the SWTOR install folder and then the individual files Launcher.exe , swtor.exe and the bitraider ones as well seperately under folder and file exclusions. Then i had to add them again under process services exclusions in BitDefender in order to get Swtor working again.

I hope this helps anybody that experiences this issue.

Thanks for posting what you have found as a workaround for this issue