The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powetech tanking mods

Vanji

I'm a little at a loss for what the optimal mods are for my PT. As of right now I haven't gotten the schematics to make 230 or higher rating mods so I'm using 228s until I get replacements. Most of the mine are a mix between bastion and bulwark. I'm also using the restive barrel and armorings. My augments are dived between shield and absorb. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone other PTs would want to weigh in on this.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a little at a loss for what the optimal mods are for my PT. As of right now I haven't gotten the schematics to make 230 or higher rating mods so I'm using 228s until I get replacements. Most of the mine are a mix between bastion and bulwark. I'm also using the restive barrel and armorings. My augments are dived between shield and absorb. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone other PTs would want to weigh in on this.

Personally I run full Power Mods. High endurance enhancements and left side and a DPS barrel. I shoot for about 49% or better shield rating, and 44% or better absorb rating. I don't worry about defense. As long as it's over 25% it's fine, and starts to DR pretty hard.

The power and dps barrel will help you do more damage which 1. Makes dps checks that much easier and 2. Will help you keep threat off DPS. I find both of these are useful in NIM raids.

Not saying this is BiS or anything, but it's what works for me. My healers are yet to complain about me being a squishy tank. Honestly you end up with about 1700-1900 defense without mods. I also use 2 DPS relics though I alternate sometimes with a Sheild Amplification one on some of the harder hitting bosses. Again, this is all my opinion, I'm sure others will disagree but I hope I helped a bit!