Framerate drops after last patch

Ginkotea

Since someone else mentioned having the same problem on chat I think I'll post it here: since the last patch the framerate periodically drops to around 10 fps or so, to recover a little time later. This happens regardless of graphics settings (problem persists with shaders set to "very low").

Just for closure dropping back to 15.7.1 solved this issue - Link to Thread at EA Answers HQ

Tbf - I don't know if using an old driver is exactly "solving the issue" (in retrospect I kind of regret clicking the "issue solved") :D

FWIW, I have the impression - which of course might me fueled by the experience of the drops before - that the game still does run very sluggish and stutters more than before.

Tbf - I don't know if using an old driver is exactly "solving the issue" (in retrospect I kind of regret clicking the "issue solved") :D

FWIW, I have the impression - which of course might me fueled by the experience of the drops before - that the game still does run very sluggish and stutters more than before.

Update - problem definitely not solved, had to stop playing because the game constantly drops down to 10 fps or so when moving or turning the camera.

Update - problem definitely not solved, had to stop playing because the game constantly drops down to 10 fps or so when moving or turning the camera.

Given you mention when turning the camera, this has been seen before with AMD cards, Can you try the settings at this link - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=667864&page=2 the cards where 6870 and a 7950 in that case

I have unmarked the thread as solved

Edited by OwenBrooks

Given you mention when turning the camera, this has been seen before with AMD cards, Can you try the settings at this link - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=667864&page=2 the cards where 6870 and a 7950 in that case

I have unmarked the thread as solved

Thanks, that helped a bit and got rid of most of the stuttering but the game still feels very sluggish and unresponsive.

Yesterday I decided to try a system restore to the point before the Windows update that happened on the 18th, to see if that was the culprit.

While the system restore failed because Windows couldn't restore some SWTOR files (forgot to note down the exact location), the game now runs as it did before the trouble started.

So, no idea what caused it really, but I'm happy that I can play again.