The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Adjust Loot Gates in Cartel Packs

UltraManDingo

@BioWare

The cartel packs are beginning to get out of hand. Even the silver decorations are going for millions. I buy two hypercrates every time, and my revenue on the GTN doesn't cover the cost of what I'm not getting. I know you guys love the cash grab that is the packs, but can you please loosen the gates?

When every companion costs 15 mil, every lightsaber (since 90% are platinum now) 100 mil, your average chair for your stronghold 1 mil, a centerpiece 10 mil. Even buying two hypercrates, I'm finding my cost per pack to get all vehicles, single bladed sabers and pets to be between 50 and 125 mil. This most recent pack will be worse. That means you're not getting enough to your average player.

People like me will ultimately run dry in funds, and they'll leave because they can't get anything cool. They just took a hacksaw to gearing in the command system, please stop punishing us in the packs, which, incidentally, pay your salaries.

lots of plat sabers well senyas on harbinger for like 40-50m now, but yeah the rng is bad its like 95% bronze items now mostly well as far as i've opened, bought 3 hypercrates in game for creds about 20m each and got about 40-50m back worth of stuff not that big of a loss on 10m, but also have tons of jawa junk etc Edited by Theeko

The latest pack was really bad for decoration lovers.

There were more decorations released in a single pack, but not more chances to get them.

This resulted in simple bronze decorations costing triple the normal amounts.

I appreciate that they're trying to bring out more decorations at a faster pace, but this was an unwanted side effect.

If the packs are going to have that much variety, perhaps they could drop one more item per pack.

Edited by Xina_LA