SNOWBALL CANON breaks Cartel Market policy

ShadowCouncil

How exactly is it three times? The cooldown on the cannon is 7 and the snowball is 15.

Learn some math if you are going to try hyperbolic manoeuvre in the forum.

If you really think running around zapping droids with snowballs or a snowcannon is the fastest path to Cxp.... LOL.

It works like this:

The snowball and the cannon are separate items with separate cooldowns. Using one does not put the other on cooldown. You use both of them, not just one or the other.

Person A, with a snowball and a cannon can throw a snowball once and fire the cannon twice in a 15 second period.

Person B, without a cannon, can only throw a snowball once every 15 seconds.

That means Person A has three shots at earning CXP every 15 seconds, while Person B has only one shot at CXP every 15 seconds.

Result: Over time, using the cannon and the snowball can get you 3 times as much CXP as using only the snowball.

Whether doing this is the "fastest" way to earn CXP is irrelevant.

The only people with a semi-valid complaint here would be people who were not here for last years event. Anyone who was, and cared about the cooldown... bought one, and unlocked it across their account so all characters have access to it any time.

Given the OPs forum number, he does not fit the aggrieved group.

Just came back at tail end of KOTFE but thanks for agreeing with me. The snowball cannon should be available every Life Day. It may not be the fastest way to get CXP but since it's tied to an event that Bioware wants us to participate in, it should be fair for all participants. It's not like I'm asking for them to make it purchasable via credits or crafting. I don't care if they want to make a buck or two in the process.

How exactly is it three times? The cooldown on the cannon is 7 and the snowball is 15.

Learn some math if you are going to try hyperbolic manoeuvre in the forum.

If you really think running around zapping droids with snowballs or a snowcannon is the fastest path to Cxp.... LOL.

Person 1: Shoots snowball waits 15 seconds (1 Action within 15seconds)

Person 2: Shoots snowball wait 15 seconds but shoots cannon and in 7 seconds shoot cannon again (3 Actions within 15 seconds)

3:1 ratio. Yay, math!

Also, the CXP racks up way faster than you think and you're participating in an Event that Bioware wants you to do. I've gained 4CXP levels with just the snowball. Would you be upset if someone else gained 12CXP for doing the same thing and you only got 4CXP? I think so.

As you are a cannon owner, Zerileth, thanks for understanding and the thoughtful posts.

I am. I've spend some hours now on Nar Shad prom. and gained over 10 cxp crates. With the boost you get 25 cxp for every gift from the droid. Sometimes the gifts come 5 or 6 times in a matter of seconds. I can't believe Bioware hasn't done an emergency nerf patch. ( shhh i didn't say that). :o Plus decos if you care about prestige and LS/DS points and the gifts. I think you can sell/trade them too. It's also fun with the big groups. People start partying. :)

I feel a little bad for the folks that only have the one snowball throw. :(

The snowball canon was a Cartel Market item during last year's Life Day event.

So why aren't they available now? I see them in the cartel market kiosks for 30million. How can someone sell something that was in the cartel market, aren't things you buy there bound?

So why aren't they available now? I see them in the cartel market kiosks for 30million. How can someone sell something that was in the cartel market, aren't things you buy there bound?

The cannon is not available from the Cartel Market this year but should be. What you're looking at is referred to as the GTN (Galactic Trade Network). GTN is a player to player transaction based on in game credits (your 30 million value).

The Cartel Market uses a currency called Cartel Coins and is a purchase directly from Bioware. You spend real world dollars to get Cartel Coins, either as a micro-transaction or via your monthly subscription fee. Bioware gives subscribers 500 Cartel Coins/month +100 more for an account with security key protection.

The vast majority of items sold on the Cartel Market are Bind on Equip and not Bind on Pickup. Meaning you can sell Cartel Market items on the GTN. Someone who bought a cannon last year and did not equip it, could try to sell it this year. As you've probably read, the cannon functions much like any buff sold on the Cartel market for XP/Valor/CXP/etc. Buffs are available for purchase at anytime provided someone has the Cartel Coins required. The reason someone's trying to get 30 million today is because of the error Bioware made in not making the cannon available for this year's Life Day event.