I'd love a "classic" 2.x server aside the current ones

Ragbarber

Dear Bioware,

I’d like to have a server where I can play the game as it used to be!

I think it should be possible to implement a 2.x server in the same way how a Public test server works.

All the programming should be available in an old backup :), so not much maintenance and problems have already occurred and been dealth with when 2.x was live.

It’s also beneficial for you guys because we’ll have to buy all the legacy CC things like rocket boost, QP cooldown, fast mouning (or wasn’t that possible back then at all) again on the new server .

Maybe you can reuse a server after the next server merge for this?

These are some of those things I liked in the past and I can’t anymore:

- Having different stats: aim, skill, surge etc

- The companions not all having the same play style

- Being busy to gear your comps

- It required way more time to level a toon which I didn’t always like at the time, but do miss now

- The class stories & levelling seemed more difficult to me then

- No level sync

- Go get the datacrons with each toon :)

Kind Regards,

Ragbarber

Edited by Ragbarber
forgot something

ROFL!

Not long ago, I wrote a reply on how another MMO I played changed their business model into a korean-grind-fest and how this resulted in a major downfall of the game and in remaining players begging for a 'clasics' server... and here it is!

It's still a bit too early, so I suggest you wait a few more months.

By then, the newcomers are gone, players have finished KOTET and have noticed that they don't have to stay subscribers; players will have an overdose repeating the same crap over and over again; the initial 'you're special' feeling by maxing the galactic command ranks faster than others will grow old... and by then, some players might have even recognized that BioWare can't simply change their business model back and that there is nothing but more grinding to come. That will be the time your suggestion will get more attention.

Edited by Lillythiel

Dear Bioware,

I’d like to have a server where I can play the game as it used to be!

I think it should be possible to implement a 2.x server in the same way how a Public test server works.

All the programming should be available in an old backup :), so not much maintenance and problems have already occurred and been dealth with when 2.x was live.

It’s also beneficial for you guys because we’ll have to buy all the legacy CC things like rocket boost, QP cooldown, fast mouning (or wasn’t that possible back then at all) again on the new server .

Maybe you can reuse a server after the next server merge for this?

These are some of those things I liked in the past and I can’t anymore:

- Having different stats: aim, skill, surge etc

- The companions not all having the same play style

- Being busy to gear your comps

- It required way more time to level a toon which I didn’t always like at the time, but do miss now

- The class stories & levelling seemed more difficult to me then

- No level sync

- Go get the datacrons with each toon :)

Kind Regards,

Ragbarber

Hmmmm....:rolleyes:

1. Having different stats: aim, skill, surge etc - YES.

2. The companions not all having the same play style - YES.

3. Being busy to gear your comps - NO! It was a pain to gear each companion of each character you have, that's simple too many to deal with. However, I would like to see a Companion Influence XP Bar implemented, where you can raise it not only by giving gifts, but just playing and doing any activity that gives you XP or CXP (at the end-game in that case).

4. It required way more time to level a toon which I didn’t always like at the time, but do miss now - YES.

5. The class stories & levelling seemed more difficult to me then - YES.

6. No level sync - YES YES YES.

7. Go get the datacrons with each toon :) - NO! Datacrons would be legacy-wide since the beginning of the game when it even did not have a legacy system. Impossible to play with dozens of toons and waste time looking for datacrons in each of them... This Legacy-Wide Datacrons I loved so much.

:D

Edited by henriquecorseuil