KotET Companion Terminal Broken (Spoiler)

_Canderous_

After finishing KotET with my Jedi Knight, I'm unable to retrieve Torian from the companion terminal--the option for it is grayed out and not selectable. On the other hand, it did work just fine when I used it with my bounty hunter; I was able to retrieve both Torian and Scorpio on that character. (Both of these refer to option #1: "I wish to retrieve my companions who were lost during the Fallen Empire.")

My Jedi Knight got Torian all the way to influence level 30, and would really like to have him back, if only for crafting and gathering purposes...

I'm having the same problem and since it hasn't been fixed in the last few patches and it isn't a cosmetic issue, I'm thinking this is a feature and not a bug. Maybe the devs want you to feel the pain of losing a companion. As for why your bounty hunter was able to reclaim Torian, I think it was because Torian is one of the original BH companions. For this reason, I believe you can only return Torian/Vette if they were one of your original companions(Bounty Hunter or Sith Warrior only). Yes, it is a feature we don't like, but most likely a feature nonetheless.

Well maybe....

[/Did you take the option in ... i forget which chapter... to rescue Vette instead of Torian?If you do, then Torian dies. Like dead, in the ground, pushin' up daisies.... I did this with my smuggler, sort of halfway thinking I might be able to go rescue him after I rescued Vette, but no dice.

Torian is now in the "contacts / main characters" section of my companions list (not the "unavailable companions" section with my not-yet-returned class sompanions), along with Darth Marr, SCORPIO, and other folks who either died or ... left to pursue other interests.

Lucky for me, though, I only had hem to influence level 10, so not nearly as big an investment there.

*edit

It actually never occurred to me that I could use the terminal to get back those "other" companions that left or died at whatever point in KotFE or KotET. IIRC, until recently, the only option was to get back my original stroy companions "early". After checking now, I see 2 options, one to "bring back my companions that were lost in Knights of the Fallen Empire", and one to "locate my original companions".

The first option gives a warniing "dialog" about companions and my story choices, and how bringing them back won't undo my choices, and they will still be "gone" when I'm playing the story". And then after going through those, if I choose the "I understand, let me get them back" option, I get a popup repeating those waringings and asking if I want to continue. And finally I get a menu, with Torian among the characters I can choose to have return. Plus yet another option to change my mind and not return any of them.

So while I'm not a BH, I still can get Torian back, even though he died. Maybe because I've completed all sixteen chapters of KotFE, and all nine chapters of KotET.

I don't remember if you can "lose" or refuse Torian in KotFE, either in Ch XIV or later, or if there's just that one "Torian or Vette" choice in KotET where the one you rescue lives, and the other dies.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

I'm having the same problem and since it hasn't been fixed in the last few patches and it isn't a cosmetic issue, I'm thinking this is a feature and not a bug. Maybe the devs want you to feel the pain of losing a companion. As for why your bounty hunter was able to reclaim Torian, I think it was because Torian is one of the original BH companions. For this reason, I believe you can only return Torian/Vette if they were one of your original companions(Bounty Hunter or Sith Warrior only). Yes, it is a feature we don't like, but most likely a feature nonetheless.

Possible, but I'm not willing to say (yet) that it's intended simply because it hasn't been fixed in 2 patches. For one thing, I haven't seen many people actually report it yet (which is why I finally did), so BW might not even be aware of it. And for another, the highlighted daily bonus activity in the GC window hasn't been awarding any bonus points since they launched it (2 patches); I'm willing to bet that that's a bug, not a feature, so its clearly possible for even non-cosmetic bugs to go multiple patches without being fixed.

Either way, I'd like to hear some official word, one way or another, on whether this is actually a bug or not. Otherwise, I'm just going to keep occasionally reporting it as one, cuz I dumped a whole lot of gifts onto Torian to get him to level 30, and would like to get him back someday...

Most likely because he is a main story companion for the BH. I reclaimed him with my BH. Haven't tried on my Juggy.

Edit: Was able to recall him from the terminal on my Juggernaut. Might be an imperial thing. Might also be specific to SW/BH as those are the only classes involved in the loss of a main story companion in that choice.

Edited by ekwalizer