Help - Arcann Fight (Veteran) Chapter 16 KOTFE*

Hawk_IV

I can do all the mechanics and complete the boss successfully up to the last part - but then there is no way to win.

You get launched back and you're stunned while he gets all his Force Apparition things ready and he shoots you with a ton of lightning. All you can do is hold up your shield and slowly walk up to him.

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to walk up and bash him, the only problem is that you can't use any of your speed abilities. I pop all my defensives (sentinel) and slowly walk up to bash him...

But he kills me every time. There is literally nothing I can do to beat him at that point.

Is there a different way to beat him? Are there mechanics to that last part of the fight that I'm missing?

Do I need the lightsaber I made to beat him? Cause I'm not using that. Maybe i need to try using it?

I beat it. I had to save Guarded by the Force for the bottom of the stairs. Once I walked up to the stairs with my shield, I put it down and used Guarded by the Force and then used the shield again to finished the boss.

Literally the smallest hair of victory (2% health). I was in 224 gear level 70. I can't imagine how Mastery will be, cause this is ridiculous...

I also used 150k credits in repair bills just dying on that pathetic last part every time. :(

Edited by Hawk_IV

I feel your pain, every bit of it.

As a gunslinger, it is impossible for me to finish the last part, where you have to run up to him. I die every time at the bottom of the stairs. I am unable to use any speed abilities to get to Arcann faster. I doubt ANY of my defensive cooldowns will help, meaning as a gunslinger, I am screwed and shouldn't bother with that toon anymore.

Which, honestly, sucks. It should be doable on all classes. Easier/harder for some, but doable on all.

Nice work, I know that fight is no picnic.

I completed this earlier on a level 67 Sorcerer with ~190ilvl gear.

The last part admittedly took a few tries to understand, mainly because the compulsion is to run to Arcann as fast as possible. Seemingly, though, if you raise the shield and move only a short way towards him (i.e. remaining a fair distance from the stairs) you avoid spawning some of the adds. The first two adds that spawn kill themselves with reflect damage, at which point you're safe to run on up and bash Arcann.

I hope this helps; it worked for me at least!