Black screen, problems with logging in

ErynLasgalen

Hey,

I've recently got a new computer and copied the game from my old one. At first everything was okay, I turned up a bit the resolution (still not to HD which my comp should be able to run) and the game did go a bit slow, but it was still ok. And then I wanted to quit the game and my screen went black. I couldn't do anything and in the end switched the computer off. Next day when I wanted to log IN to the game I got the black screen again... and again. Nothing helps! What should I do?

What should I do?

Seriously?

See that Search Community box at the upper right? Put black screen in there, click on the Search button, and give the previous threads a skim.

Whenever you have a piece of software muck up like that, you want to do 2 things.

1) Check the install. Here's how to do it here - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729911

2) Check your error logs. Those are in the /logs subdirectory under your game install. See if anything got dropped in there.

Let us know what happens please.

Well, I'm not afraid to admit that I'm not an IT expert, but I have tried working with files (changing them, checking if they work, if not reversing the changes). There was nothing in the error logs. And believe me, I have read the posts about black screen. On the old comp I could force to close it through task manager, but on the new one I can't do anything, not even exit to windows. It's like the game is too powerful for my comp which is definitely not the case... I'm reinstalling the game (...again), will write if it helps :/