Romance with Lana Beniko glitched? Did I did something wrong?

Yaelsama

Chapter 9: When I go to the Cantina I select to have a moment with Lana and dont get flirt option either, flirt option should be number 1 but instead I just get: Only with your help , select that option and there is no romance lock

There is a work around to this bug. You have to flirt with Theron when you get to Odesson in Chapter 9. If you flirt with Theron then in the cantina scene the flirt options to talk to either Lana or Theron will show up. This happened to me and the only way to fix it so the Lana flirt/lock in romance shows was to flirt with Theron too.

Of course you would have had to take every flirt option during chapters 1-8 with her as well.

Edited by Swingkittie

Holy hell is this STILL happening? Unbelievable.

I don't know if it's STILL happening... I played through this content when it first came out. I just wasn't aware of the bugs and issues because I don't usually follow forums or patch notes. I didn't realize I hadn't gotten the romance flag, because i didn't know there was supposed to BE one.

When I discovered that T7 had disappeared from my companion list, Customer Service was able to get him back for me. But when I contacted customer service about the romance flag with Lana, a different person has been responding to my tickets and basically saying "tough luck, you're screwed". I really DON'T understand why one was an easy fix and the other is impossible!

There is a work around to this bug. You have to flirt with Theron when you get to Odesson in Chapter 9. If you flirt with Theron then in the cantina scene the flirt options to talk to either Lana or Theron will show up. This happened to me and the only way to fix it so the Lana flirt/lock in romance shows was to flirt with Theron too.

Of course you would have had to take every flirt option during chapters 1-8 with her as well.

Will this work even though I played the content months ago? I didn't think playing the chapters again would have any effect.

UPDATE: It didn't work.

Edited by KifaGreen
Update

Will this work even though I played the content months ago? I didn't think playing the chapters again would have any effect.

UPDATE: It didn't work.

No. Unfortunately, it only works on a first time play through.:(

But at least you know it for future characters, if you run into the problem again.

Seriously, if it's just a flag, why is it so damn difficult to just reset the thing? Anyone? Is there any technical reason why this can't be done?

It's pissing me off because this is my main character, my favorite character, my "immersion" character. I really don't care if any of my alts get through with no issues; I care about THIS character.

When I discovered that T7 had disappeared from my companion list, Customer Service was able to get him back for me. But when I contacted customer service about the romance flag with Lana, a different person has been responding to my tickets and basically saying "tough luck, you're screwed". I really DON'T understand why one was an easy fix and the other is impossible!

Because you're *supposed* to have T7 at that point, so there's no debate about whether or not you "should" have him.

For the Lana case, however, since the flags are missing, they can't tell whether they are dealing with the result of a bug or a misunderstood dialogue wheel(1) or a finger-fumble or a case of chooser's remorse. In the bug case, it should be fixed, but in the chooser's remorse case, it's really hard to justify. (And of course the cases of misunderstood, fumbled and regretted choices are indistinguishable as seen from CS's point of view...)

(1) The system design around the cantina conversation in KotFE IX is atrocious, really. Who thought that it was a good idea to have two options on the wheel that are distinguished only by one of them being tagged [Flirt]?

The context of the wheel makes it really easy to believe that the [Flirt] choice means "Flirt with Theron then have the conversation with one of them" rather than what it actually means, "Have a conversation with one of them with the chance to flirt during that conversation".

Seriously, if it's just a flag, why is it so damn difficult to just reset the thing? Anyone? Is there any technical reason why this can't be done?

It's pissing me off because this is my main character, my favorite character, my "immersion" character. I really don't care if any of my alts get through with no issues; I care about THIS character.

It's (probably) not a technical difficulty rather than a question of whether it's appropriate for them to take you at your word that you really flirted with Lana. Note here that I'm *not* saying that you're lying about having flirted with her at every opportunity. I'm saying that if the flags aren't recorded correctly, why should they believe a random person on the Internet who says so?

For sure, there is now precedent for allowing people to be dishonest about this sort of thing. If your character had the Nathema Lana Proposal Non-recording Bug (now fixed), you are eligible for a little mini-mission where some Alliance records were lost, and you can update them. It applies (in theory) only to characters who successfully locked in the Lana romance in KotFE-IX. One of the records is whether you and Lana are engaged, and the game accepts your answer without regard to whether it is an accurate reflection of what really happened in the aftermath of the Nathema Conspiracy story. (Of course, it must, because in that case the permanent flag was never set, but you get the idea.)

Whether they can be persuaded to retrofit that style of mission to characters who don't have the "locked in a Lana romance" flag from KotFE-IX (nor any other locked-in romance" flag, e.g. returned LI companion, Mr Spoiler, etc) is another matter, but it does seem like a reasonable request.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I had a glitch back when KOTFE dropped. I hit all the flirt options with Koth, culminating with the kiss at the end of chapter 9. Since the 1.X romances didn’t have a confirmation notification that I was entering a relationship. So I assumed that we were dating. But, when my next character ran through, I did get the pop up and I knew that the game had messed up my main.

Customer service said, “sorry, we can’t help you.”

So my main wound up with Arcann

Any news on when the bug fix from 2016 will be released? It's still bugged now

CS is notorious for saying that problem X is a bug and will be fixed in a future update when in fact there's no sign anywhere that the bug has been acknowledged as a bug. There's a strong chance that this was just another instance of that.

And the "No option to flirt in Chapter IX" bug is from 2015.

CS is notorious for saying that problem X is a bug and will be fixed in a future update when in fact there's no sign anywhere that the bug has been acknowledged as a bug. There's a strong chance that this was just another instance of that.

And the "No option to flirt in Chapter IX" bug is from 2015.

ah ok, i've been away from the game for years now, ran a sith pureblood through it when it first came out and had no problems at all, ran through it with a new character and never got the flirt option in chapter 9, im going to run through it again on another character just to make sure im not going crazy and the flirt option just doesn't exist anymore.