Launcher Problem: Network Error While Downloading patch

Yezzan

Patch 5.0a is not downloading as the launcher has encountered an issue. I'm too fed up and frustrated for various reasons, and haven't been able to log in the game since December 3, 2016.

There is no email contact for support, and I can't bother to call internationally, and I cant send a ticket in game. Most competent game developers have a forum ticket system, where the subscriber can submit a ticket directly to support, and it is answered in the order received.

Untitled.jpgfree image uploading"]Untitled.jpgfree image uploading[/url]

BW fix this please. thanks.

Support email address is support at swtor dot com.

The 310 error is usually a sign that the game isn't being able to get past your firewall. Make sure swtor.exe and launcher.exe is able to get past your local firewall. May even want to flick the settings a couple of times.

Hope this helps

Thanks dr_mike. The issue is resolved. Norton was managing my firewall and was blocking the game. I'm pretty sure I added it to the exceptions list, but dunno why it was blocking. Uninstalled Norton FTW
I have experienced this with other programs. When the game patches, the firewall sees the game as "changed" and will block it until you set it as "allowed" again. This is actually a good thing, as altering the code in a "known good" program is one way bad stuff tries fool you into letting it run on your system.

I'm not familiar with the specifics for Norton, but you may need to simply re-allow the launcher.exe and/or swtor.exe after patching. Or you may need to actually remove and re-add them in your exceptions. Nuking Norton and replacing it with something else is also an option. :) Just make sure you do replace it with something else, as not having any AV/Firewall on your system is bad, very bad.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Thanks dr_mike. The issue is resolved. Norton was managing my firewall and was blocking the game. I'm pretty sure I added it to the exceptions list, but dunno why it was blocking. Uninstalled Norton FTW

I strongly suggest you put a firewall, even Norton's, back in place. It's a very dangerous internet out there.

I had this happen myself with the 5.0 upgrade.