5.000 Signal disruptors???

Zasszz

I looked up some purple resources in the GTN because my companions dont come back with much of those. First on my list: signal disruptors, sliced tech parts. Cheapest found... 5 stacks... 1.000 pieces each stack... (20.000 credits each stack)...

What the force? How does one aquire 5.000 of those? I can understand when someone has 100 or a few hundred. But 5.000? Theres got to be something wrong with that picture especially considering its only one seller who has this much, all other sellers have less than 500 each.

I dont know how others get their resources. I ran crew missions for the last two days, was kinda new for me to do that for other reasons than just to skill the crew skills because I hardly need them. But now I feel I do need them for reasons that are debated in the general forum. I also gave up on gathering resources by hand because the nodes arent really there and the nodes that are there stop giving points before reaching lvl600 of that crew skill and the yield is mostly grade 9, not grade 10.

Edited by Zasszz

It's simple math really:

If a person has 20 characters all with slicing and they run the four missions (Rich and Bountiful) that can generate purple mats with influence rank 50 companions

That's 80 missions (20 x 4) every 30 minutes (1.5 minutes per character to load in, collect results, send comps on new missions, and logout) with a 40% crit rate.

So they generate 80 purple mats (80 mission * 40% crit chance * 2.5 average return [3 from rich 2 from bountiful]) every 30 minutes.

Do that for 48 hours that's 7680 purple materials. and it has been a week since early access.

Edited by psandak

That person got that many by exploiting the game with a multiboxing program. That's the only way to get that many, i saw that guy post over 20,000 of them at one point.

He runs like 30 accounts on one computer and they do missions non stop. All of this was explained in this thread and nothing has been done to stop it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=893009

This problem will persist as long as the proposed fixes in that thread are not implemented.

How do you get 40% crit rate? Is that a special for these missions like 15% + 25% for a lvl50 companion?

for each influence rank the comp gets 0.5% crit bonus: 50 * 0.5 = 25%. The base crit chance for a yellow green or gray difficulty mission is 15% (for a sub)...15+25=40

That person got that many by exploiting the game with a multiboxing program. That's the only way to get that many, i saw that guy post over 20,000 of them at one point.

He runs like 30 accounts on one computer and they do missions non stop. All of this was explained in this thread and nothing has been done to stop it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=893009

This problem will persist as long as the proposed fixes in that thread are not implemented.

I showed through very simple math how a single player with a single account could get those kinds of quantities.

That person got that many by exploiting the game with a multiboxing program. That's the only way to get that many

Spoken like someone that doesn't craft much in this game.

I'm sorry, but 5000 blue materials is really easy to get if you have crafting alts. Particularly now that we can send out 8 companions at a time.

Edited by Khevar

Spoken like someone that doesn't craft much in this game.

I'm sorry, but 5000 blue materials is really easy to get if you have crafting alts. Particularly now that we can send out 8 companions at a time.

These are purples, not blues.

And he generates and sells at least 20,000 a day.

Edited by alginnzor

And he generates and sells at least 20,000 a day.

You have NO idea how many he sells in a day unless that person is you. So quit making assumptions & also trying to start a nerf "this" thread again. Just go play the game or not, but quit coming to threads hollering wolf over something that people prove your wrong on yet you keep hammering the subject.

Would also depend on how many characters you have and how many have slicing. I have over 13 toons and I can remember off the top of my head three of them have slicing as I only take crafting skills once to make sure I have them all covered but mission and crew skills I do on all my toons. Edited by casirabit

It's simple math really:

If a person has 20 characters all with slicing and they run the four missions (Rich and Bountiful) that can generate purple mats with influence rank 50 companions

That's 80 missions (20 x 4) every 30 minutes (1.5 minutes per character to load in, collect results, send comps on new missions, and logout) with a 40% crit rate.

So they generate 80 purple mats (80 mission * 40% crit chance * 2.5 average return [3 from rich 2 from bountiful]) every 30 minutes.

Do that for 48 hours that's 7680 purple materials. and it has been a week since early access.

Actually, you wouldn't even need twenty characters. At companion rank 50, your companions would complete each mission in around 8.5 minutes. At a login rate of 1.5 minutes, you'd get through around six, maybe seven, characters before the first character's companions are all done. If you cycled through all twenty characters, the first thirteen or so would be idling with their missions all completed by the time you cycled back to the first character, so having characters in excess of seven or eight doesn't improve your throughput.

That being said, your post actually supports the 'conspiracy theory' about cheaters using bot-programs by stating the numbers. Yes, you can generate that much in such a short time, but in order to do that, you'd have to be making the same sequence of mouse-clicks at almost the exact same time intervals, non-stop for forty-eight hours.

Theoretically possible? Yes. Humanly possible? Not really.

It's safe to say that someone generating such a volume of purple mats at such a rate would almost have to be cheating in some fashion, whether it be by bot-program or some other exploit.

Finally, I logged onto my server and checked the GTN. I noticed that there was someone posting stacks of 100 Signal Disruptors at roughly 40,000 each, so around 4,000,000 per stack. I counted around twenty-four stacks on the GTN or roughly, 2400 in total. I checked again some hours later. None of them had sold.

Is this a problem? I don't know.

Edited by KindlyOne

Actually, you wouldn't even need twenty characters. At companion rank 50, your companions would complete each mission in around 8.5 minutes. At a login rate of 1.5 minutes, you'd get through around six, maybe seven, characters before the first character's companions are all done. If you cycled through all twenty characters, the first thirteen or so would be idling with their missions all completed by the time you cycled back to the first character, so having characters in excess of seven or eight doesn't improve your throughput.

That being said, your post actually supports the 'conspiracy theory' about cheaters using bot-programs by stating the numbers. Yes, you can generate that much in such a short time, but in order to do that, you'd have to be making the same sequence of mouse-clicks at almost the exact same time intervals, non-stop for forty-eight hours.

Theoretically possible? Yes. Humanly possible? Not really.

It's safe to say that someone generating such a volume of purple mats at such a rate would almost have to be cheating in some fashion, whether it be by bot-program or some other exploit.

Finally, I logged onto my server and checked the GTN. I noticed that there was someone posting stacks of 100 Signal Disruptors at roughly 40,000 each, so around 4,000,000 per stack. I counted around twenty-four stacks on the GTN or roughly, 2400 in total. I checked again some hours later. None of them had sold.

Is this a problem? I don't know.

I started this thread because there is only one such seller with such a huge amount. The math is actually very convincing if one player does nothing but cycle through chars for a few hours. I did something similar. No cheats or anything needed but your own hand and the mouse.

Hanging on to the ridiculous idea that it must be done within 48h straight is just an overdose of your aluminium hat.

it is not only getting them by your own,

also reselling is a big part of the gtn.

personally i'm one of the reselling guys. about 90% of my offers

is reselling stuff. and the market is really special. with a good nose

you earn much more and can sell more, like selling the stuff you

and your companions get.

but also i have at least 1-2 level 50 companion each toon. mostly i have

about 6-8 level 40+ companions. so if i play with a toon, i send all the

free companions away. atm i have some thousands of biomats and diplomacy

collected, only by missions.

so if crafting and trading is you way to play, this is not unnormal.

wait until they put mk-10 to the jawas. i have some stacks of each,

by reaching conquests with many toons each week.

and btw: multiboxing is allowed by bioware. scripting not.

but you are controlling each toon by it's own. they gave a

statement to that in the german forums.

Edited by fabsus

I started this thread because there is only one such seller with such a huge amount. The math is actually very convincing if one player does nothing but cycle through chars for a few hours. I did something similar. No cheats or anything needed but your own hand and the mouse.

Hanging on to the ridiculous idea that it must be done within 48h straight is just an overdose of your aluminium hat.

Hey! There's nothing wrong with my aluminium foil hat. Thank-you-very-much. :) I wear it to keep the Verblingers of Octavon-VI from whispering in my ears when I astral-walk. I have to wear it, or else I'll be bombarded with visions of the doom that awaits us all beneath the endless seas beyond the sunless lands of Ydk.

I have to wear it, okay? Okay.

As for what I wrote, did I say that it was impossible because it was done in 48 hours? No, I didn't.

I said that if it were done in 48 hours, it'd probably be cheating.

So far, the evidence shows:

1. the numbers on GTN are significantly less than the theoretical throughput over a 48 hour period.
  2. the time taken has been significantly over 48 hours.

But as to whether or the player in question was actually cheating? I don't know.

Is the evidence on the GTN indicative of a problem? I don't know.

We just don't know.