SWTOR: Story by Chapter

sithsurvives

To anyone who is interested in opinions and view-points on the storyline from the original SWTOR release to the latest KoTET expansion,

I will be posting, quest by quest, my view on the building story from all the eight classes, and the expansions that followed level 50.

I will be doing the Sith Warrior first, from a patriotic, typical imperialist, dark-side persepctive, like the way so many SWTOR players have done their warriors.

Please discuss your thoughts on my blog, including areas you disagree with, as I thoroughly enjoy debate and intense discussion.

Good Hunting!

Sith Warrior – Korriban – Arm Yourself :wea_03:

Korriban, and the Sith Academy it houses, are introduced in the Sith Warrior’s first quest; the warrior meets Overseer Tremel, who prepares them for their first trial. Tremel comes across as a true imperialist, only interested in preserving the blood of the Sith, and in this first chapter, he appears to be plotting something, but whether it is for the better or worse for the Sith Warrior, is uncertain.

The mystery used was a good choice, especially when Tremel describes the ultimate enemy that ‘will try to crush’ the warrior; but when the warrior eventually meets Vemrin, it is somewhat of a disappointment. Vemrin appears weak, and almost compassionate, unlike his faithful companion Dolgis, who is crude and blatant, even disrespecting of Sith Traditions. Vemrin seems to be all bark and no bite, setting himself up for destruction, at the hand of the warrior, exploiting weakness when he claims that if ‘Tremel had have made his move weeks ago’ the warrior ‘may have had a chance.’ It is apparent from the first quest that the warrior is destined to slay Vemrin, with the empty, somewhat dead-pan threats he makes, not living up to the ruthless description Tremel had previously told the warrior; perhaps this also hints that Tremel is the weak one in the story, not understanding real power.

Side characters like Tremel’s next of kin, Eskella, and Vemrin’s right-hand man, Dolgis, were stronger than Vemrin and Overseer Tremel; Tremel’s weakness isn’t as obvious as Vemrin’s ultimate demise is, in this first mission, but both characters are unable to match the fiery demeanor of Eskella, and Dolgis’ crude behavior.

However, the plot that is being set up is typical of a Sith’s storyline; Tremel tells the warrior that Vemrin ‘has caught the eye’ of a powerful sith lord, Darth Baras, immediately insinuating that, because of sudden rivalry made between the warrior and Vemrin, the main goal of the warrior’s is to claim Vemrin’s place, another topic that points to Vemrin’s demise.

Some things are obvious in this first quest, while others are not; Eskella points out, after the warrior has retrieved the warblade from the tomb of Ajunta Pall, that they received the blade on their first day, and she had only received hers after 6 months training. It is clear that Overseer Tremel wants to provide the sith warrior with the best training, and best equipment possible, so that Vemrin oneday meets his downfall, but other than the fact he feels that Vemrin’s mixed blood pollutes the academy, there is no other obvious reason as to Tremel’s motives.

As for his daughter, Eskella’s motives and loyalties are uncertain too; she lets out a mixture of emotions when she meets the warrior for the first time. Eskella is obedient to Tremel, when demands she not ‘breathe a word of this to anyone’ when she questions him about the warrior’s choice of weapon, yet she is impassioned after the fact, claiming ‘she won’t be around’ for her father, if, and ‘when everything blows up in (his) face’.

Dolgis’ behavior and clear threats suggest he will be coming after the warrior sooner or later, probably sooner, rather than later; yet he follows Vemrin willingly, the acolyte who thought, or at least suggested, that if the warrior had caught an earlier flight, then perhaps they would have had a chance of making it through the academy alive. Dolgis is typical of a Sith, yet he follows a coward willingly, so it is unclear when Dolgis will strike at the Sith warrior, and if he does, whether Vemrin will try to stop him or not; perhaps there may even be an inner turbulence within Vemrin’s cohort, and this begs the question, if Lord Baras is such a powerful Sith, then why would he even consider taking Vemrin as his apprentice?

However, this could just yet be another misrepresentation of Overseer Tremel’s, another misleading description of true power; so the real question at the end of this chapter is “Who is Darth Baras?”

Edited by sithsurvives

Judge and Executioner :csw_guard:

In this next chapter, the Sith Warrior’s trial is to assess the guiltiness of three captives of the Sith Academy’s jails, and punish them accordingly. Overseer Tremel’s responses to the Warrior’s actions are shown after the fact; Firstly, he believed that the assassin called Solentz should have been sent to Imperial Intelligence, despite the fact she was hired to kill an Imperial spy. Tremel’s explanation for that was that one should not ever waste a potential resource, showing that he favors power over origin and allegiance; but this contradicts his imperialistic attitude toward mixed blood types. Perhaps Tremel only has an open-minded opinion toward those who do not have the privilege of using the force, because he values them as lower, as resources; although, he might just be changing his story to suit his predicaments, another sign of weakness.

For the failed Sith, Devotek, Tremel thought it was best to deny his wish of a trial by combat, and kill him for his uselessness, let alone the fact he had failed the Sith; this was a simple, strong decision that marks Tremel as a Sith, not choosing to waste his time on weaklings or failures.

Lastly, Brehg, the alien prisoner who has never confessed his guilt, should have been sent back for more torture, in Tremel’s eyes, despite the probable innocence that is at play -Brehg had never wavered, despite unimaginable amounts of pain and torture, that he was indeed innocent of his accused crime- he believed it is safer, and better, to have lost ‘one man’s sanity or life’ rather than ‘the fate of the Empire’ loyalist, and noble to the very end, it would seem.

This chapter undoubtedly is an insight into Tremel’s beliefs and values, yet it does not reveal any ulterior motives; perhaps Tremel really does want the best for the Sith Warrior, and his old-fashioned, archaic beliefs only, and falsely suggest a manipulative nature, but nothing is certain yet.

A couple of uncertainties that pique interest; Jailer Knash, the one looking after the prisoners which the Sith Warrior judged, told them that Tremel ‘wasn’t the only one’ who their attention had been caught by, insinuating that others, possibly other Sith, had been watching the warrior’s progress. Also, a comic, somewhat cocky twi’lek prisoner that resided in one of the other cells was seen at the beginning of the Sith Warrior’s trial, teasing the Jailer easily, with ‘animal noises’. This begs the question, who is the twi’lek, and what purpose will she serve in the upcoming story-line?

Edited by sithsurvives

Slaying the Beast :rak_06:

The Sith Warrior is ordered by Overseer Tremel to slay a deadly beast in the Tomb of Marka Ragnos, for their next trial. The Warrior does just that, slaying the powerful tarentatek-like animal deep within the tomb. However, there were some surprises for the warrior when they got back to their Overseer’s chambers. Dolgis was there to greet the warrior in the hallways leading to Tremel, issuing more of his blatant behavour upon them; things grew aggressive quickly, and Dolgis attacked the warrior.

An interesting twist was Dolgis’ cowardice, and how he begged for mercy after he was defeated; he fitted in with Vemrin after all, it was just not as obvious before his downfall. After Dolgis’ death, it could be considered that perhaps Vemrin was one whose aim was to look week, but when in action, would shock his opponents with an underlying ferocity; but nothing is certain for sure, until Vemrin either exacts revenge on the warrior, or cowardly turns tail.

If this wasn’t dramatic enough, the chapter continues the drama as it is revealed by Overseer Tremel that Darth Baras caught wind of what had happened in the tomb of Marka Ragnos, through a tremor in the force, and that he had demanded an audience with the Sith Warrior. Tremel insisted that Baras was a master of deception, that the warrior should be more than prepared for him, or the result would be fatal; the climax to Baras’ reveal was building, and the tension between the warrior and Vemrin was slowly building into a fiery rivalry.

What will transpire when the Sith Warrior finally meets Darth Baras, and when the two hating acolytes hold their next, heated communion?

Edited by sithsurvives

A New Master :wea_01:

The Sith Warrior meets Darth Baras for the first time, and Tremel’s description of him is seemingly accurate. As he addresses other acolytes -including Vemrin- within his chamber, fear and respect of the powerful lord emanates within the room; when he is finished addressing the other acolytes, however, dismissing them, Vemrin stops the Sith Warrior before they can pass. Vemrin appears with a new henchman, Klemral, another apparent loyal follower of Vemrin’s, just as Dolgis leaves his service; Vemrin has an aptitude for finding loyal servants. Vemrin speaks louder this time, and more empassioned; perhaps a climax is building, and Vemrin will unleash his true power when the tension releases.

When the warrior finally speaks with Baras, they are vulnerable, and their weakness is exploited; Baras reveals and exploits Overseer Tremel as the perpetrator behind this, not through deceit or malicious intent, but through complete ignorance. Tremel had rushed the Sith Warrior’s training that he had forgotten the true values of the SIth order, including the Sith code. Darth Baras orders the warrior to kill their former overseer, and Tremel faces the demise that either his plan for the cultivation of the academy, dies, or he dies. The mystery surrounding Tremel did not originate from his intent, but the reaction of his intent; he hoped that he could continue his old ways in the body of a young acolyte, but through his arrogance he neglected the values of Sith of Baras’ day and age, failing to adapt to an evolving tradition, for the sake of those more powerful than him, and it was that which ended Tremel’s life.

After the Sith Warrior killed Tremel, they pledged themselves to Baras, and the lord seemed pleased with the warrior’s work, deeming them ‘a quick learner’. While the darkness around Tremel has been resolved, there is much unknown about Lord Baras, and although Tremel ultimately proved to fail the Sith Warrior, his warning about Baras’ deceptive and elusive nature is something for the Sith Warrior to concern themselves with.

Upon returning to Baras, to deliver news of the Overseer’s death, the warrior gave Tremel’s hand to the Lord, as proof of his death; Baras would then extract Tremel’s ring from one of his fingers, and allow it to be a memento for the warrior’s own privilege; it is interesting to think about what the Sith Warrior might do with the ring, and how Eskella, Tremel’s daughter, will respond to the news of her father’s death, should rumors about his death are received by her.

Before the Sith Warrior met Darth Baras, they were approached by a group of acolytes including Acolyte Teeno, and Acolyte Phyne; they insisted that they could kill the warrior’s loathed rival for them, aware of the building tension between the two, and the fact that it would be less suspicious of the warrior, should they be the ones who murder Vemrin. The warrior accepted their offer, probably waiting Vemrin’s hopeful and fateful death; a question that leaves this chapter with intrigue about Vemrin’s character, and the real power that he holds, is will Vemrin actually be killed by these lowly acolytes?

Edited by sithsurvives

Not sure you can change the title. I would have on my class storyline by planet post. As for the author, good job, but you may want to use more paragraphs for easier reading.

Yes, thanks for the idea! I'll have to do some editing to make it easier to read when I have the time.

I just had a bit of inspiration, so I kind of just blurted everything out in one go. :D

When the warrior finally speaks with Baras, they are vulnerable, and their weakness is exploited; Baras reveals and exploits Overseer Tremel as the perpetrator behind this, not through deceit or malicious intent, but through complete ignorance. Tremel had rushed the Sith Warrior’s training that he had forgotten the true values of the SIth order, including the Sith code. Darth Baras orders the warrior to kill their former overseer, and Tremel faces the demise that either his plan for the cultivation of the academy, dies, or he dies. The mystery surrounding Tremel did not originate from his intent, but the reaction of his intent; he hoped that he could continue his old ways in the body of a young acolyte, but through his arrogance he neglected the values of Sith of Baras’ day and age, failing to adapt to an evolving tradition, for the sake of those more powerful than him, and it was that which ended Tremel’s life.

My DS-leaning Sith Pureblood, Imperial loyalist and traditionalist spared Tremel, and I take issue with the idea that my character was ignorant of the Sith Code. The Sith Warrior is an educated individual. He is, quote, "heir to a great Sith bloodline." Do you expect me to believe that he was never once in his life exposed to the six short lines which form the basis of Sith philosophy? Nonsense.

"I don't recall learning a Sith Code, my lord." I chose to interpret this as a lie. Baras was looking for a tool, and he would find one in my Sith Warrior. Baras has no use for an Apprentice who values abstract ideals over Baras' own will and desires. Thus, feigning ignorance on this matter manipulates Baras' perception of the Warrior as a simple, uneducated brute to be used to destroy his enemies before being easily outwitted and disposed of (Baras was not looking for a successor). Baras' subsequent criticism of the Warrior's perceived ignorance is merely a psychological expression of authority rather than genuine disappointment.

Tremel had warned the Warrior: "Baras is a master of deception..." "[he] will attempt to trip you up, test your nature, get to the heart of who you are."

Is this too much of a stretch? Perhaps. But for me it's more believable than the idea that my Sith Pureblood did not know the Sith Code.

If you read Overseer Tremel's codex, his family has handled admittance into the Sith Academy for generations. Tremel's dedication to tradition and purity is without question, and his concern that the quote "evolving Sith paradigm" is a path to weakness was shared by my Pureblood at the time (Although he now cares less about the Sith and Empire since the developments of KotFE/ET). How can Baras make a claim to standing on principle and tradition when his ultimate goal is to blasphemously impersonate the Sith Emperor's Voice? To him, everything is merely a tool to further his agenda; Sith, Imperial lives... He'd sabotage an Imperial victory over the Republic simply to prop himself up. He's a worm! Tremel is clearly better than him.

Edited by Stultophobe

My DS-leaning Sith Pureblood, Imperial loyalist and traditionalist spared Tremel, and I take issue with the idea that my character was ignorant of the Sith Code. The Sith Warrior is an educated individual. He is, quote, "heir to a great Sith bloodline." Do you expect me to believe that he was never once in his life exposed to the six short lines which form the basis of Sith philosophy? Nonsense.

"I don't recall learning a Sith Code, my lord." I chose to interpret this as a lie. Baras was looking for a tool, and he would find one in my Sith Warrior. Baras has no use for an Apprentice who values abstract ideals over Baras' own will and desires. Thus, feigning ignorance on this matter manipulates Baras' perception of the Warrior as a simple, uneducated brute to be used to destroy his enemies before being easily outwitted and disposed of (Baras was not looking for a successor). Baras' subsequent criticism of the Warrior's perceived ignorance is merely a psychological expression of authority rather than genuine disappointment.

Tremel had warned the Warrior: "Baras is a master of deception..." "[he] will attempt to trip you up, test your nature, get to the heart of who you are."

Is this too much of a stretch? Perhaps. But for me it's more believable than the idea that my Sith Pureblood did not know the Sith Code.

If you read Overseer Tremel's codex, his family has handled admittance into the Sith Academy for generations. Tremel's dedication to tradition and purity is without question, and his concern that the quote "evolving Sith paradigm" is a path to weakness was shared by my Pureblood at the time (Although he now cares less about the Sith and Empire since the developments of KotFE/ET). How can Baras make a claim to standing on principle and tradition when his ultimate goal is to blasphemously impersonate the Sith Emperor's Voice? To him, everything is merely a tool to further his agenda; Sith, Imperial lives... He'd sabotage an Imperial victory over the Republic simply to prop himself up. He's a worm! Tremel is clearly better than him.

I have to make it clear that my posts are impressions of what is happening, not what is about to happen. So, at this point, I am basing Baras on what I have seen so far, without reading any parts of the codex, or venturing into future territory. So, at this stage, my warrior would not know too much about baras. That's why I stated that there is much still unresolved about Baras, but clearly, the unconventional method of training used by Tremel was a disservice to my warrior, regardless of whether the knowledge of the Sith Code was there or not, as it was completely rushed in order to fulfill a 'master plan'. So, this is why my feelings are inclined to be stronger to Baras, at this point in time.

Sith Arithmetic :hope_02:

In this next chapter, the Sith Warrior’s trial is to collect artefactual shards from the tomb of Tulak Hord. When the warrior returns to Lord Baras’ chambers, Vemrin’s minion is there to greet them, just like Dolgis was, the last time; Klemral is less up-front, and more cautious, however, only making sure that the warrior has the shards, before he attacks them, attempting to steal them for his own purpose, with a group of other acolytes. (Although Kelmral was indeed allied with Vemrin, this tactic was used to try to further his own respect among the powerful Baras, so individuality set Dolgis and he apart. The Sith Warrior easily slays their rival’s henchman, but not before he begs for mercy; Dolgis and Klemral tried to outsmart the warrior through different approaches, but in the end exploited their cowardice and weakness, as they were beaten.

When the warrior speaks with Lord Baras in this chapter, he and Vemrin stand there; he claims the tension ‘rising thick’ between the two acolytes, and it is even revealed by Baras of he and Vemrin’s knowledge of the acolytes sent to destroy Vemrin, by the warrior, and their ultimate doom. So, Vemrin was strong enough to defeat a few lowly acolytes, but it is still in question whether Vemrin is as weak as he looks, or whether he holds an unforeseen power; but, as Lord Baras reveals that the Sith Warrior is the worthiest to be given the chance to become his apprentice, Vemrin’s shock exploits his weakness, almost undermining himself, and his own strength among the Sith, by not understanding why the acolyte chosen was the Sith Warrior, as he had ‘done everything (Baras) had asked’. Vemrin’s confusion was misplaced in the Sith Academy, as the strongest in the dark side would be the one that prevails, not the one who had done everything ‘right.’

As Vemrin is sent away to wait for Lord Baras’ instruction, the lord debriefs the Sith Warrior on their final trial; he states the lightsaber that the warrior should claim, to achieve the rank of apprentice, is housed in a cavern within the tomb of Naga Sadow, where, he claims, few Sith have ever set foot. However, the twi’lek prisoner previously shown with Jailer Knash in the Jail cells, has, from the time she was caught trying to break into the secret Sith tomb. The Sith Warrior is to use her knowledge and skills to bypass hidden mechanisms, to reach the inner-most depths of the cavern, and claim their lightsaber.

So, after this final Korriban debriefing, it leaves some unanswered questions; who is the twi’lek prisoner, and why was she able to, and inclined to break into a Sith tomb? And, will this be the last the Sith Warrior sees of the fiery rival, Vemrin, or will he try to take their place, and take things into his own hands, uncharacteristically? Vemrin’s cowardly companions have dealt with his business up until now, but will his outraged, shocked expression, -from utter rejection from from Lord Baras- motivate him to do more?

Edited by sithsurvives

I just have to take a quick moment to talk about the whole Tremel VS Baras thing again; it's not that I feel Tremel was better or worse than Baras, it is just that as of yet, 'i', so my character, has not seen Baras' true colors yet. These chapters/quests that I am posting are impressions of what is happening, not what is about to, and any unanswered questions I might have, discussing the story of present in great detail, as if I have only seen these episodes for the first time. I am also happy to talk about future implications involving some characters, but my blog should be mostly, purely based on my thoughts as the momentum of the story is underway, and not as a reflection. Edited by sithsurvives

The Final Trial :csw_redsaber:

In this final chapter of Korriban, the Sith Warrior is tasked with finding an ancient lightsaber within the tomb of Naga Sadow, with the help of a twi’lek prisoner called Vette. Vette strikes the Sith Warrior as playful, rebellious, and comedic; but this does not appeal to the warrior’s mission, becoming the apprentice to Lord Baras, a matter of all seriousness. As the warrior punishes Vette with a considerably painful shock collar, her demeanor subdues into a submissive stance, exploiting a weakness; it might be safe to say that Vette is used to, or has been used to this kind of dominance, in the past, especially should she have been a citizen, or guest of the Empire’s, given the lack of alien respect that goes on within the faction. However, despite this, Vette did seem to be able to get under Jailer Knash, he referring her to be ‘a pain in the neck’ and being glad to be relieved of her residence; her aptitude to do so, may overpower those weaker, but at this stage, with the control the Sith Warrior currently has over her, does not pose a threat to them.

When the warrior first reaches the entrance to the cavern of Naga Sadow, -the tomb that houses the lightsaber that the Warrior seeks, to become Lord Baras’ apprentice- they are greeted with the likes of Vemrin, most probably looking to take their place. Vemrin has not acted by himself until this point, -unless complaining and empty threats are factored in- and it is a pleasant surprise that he has put himself in harm’s way, and in fact, in the Sith Warrior’s way, and that was a grave mistake, considering his almost foreseeable downfall. At first, he tries to sneak attack the warrior, but the warrior senses him, and tackles the competing acolyte to the ground; their fight continues, and Vemrin eventually loses. As predicted, Vemrin was easy to defeat, due to his weakness against the Sith Warrior; perhaps a few lowly acolytes could be beaten by him, and indeed were, but it was quite clear from the start how easy it would be for the Sith Warrior to outsmart, outwit, and outplay Vemrin. This resonates loud and clear when the warrior tells him ‘Consider this, killing you was easy’ just seconds before his inevitable death.

The Sith Warrior would then move on with the twi’lek named Vette into the tomb, bypassing the entrance; when they came across Naga Sadow’s grave, it seemed almost like a reward as the warrior claimed the lightsaber that lay with the skeleton inside, for killing and defeating their rival, achieving victory, and attaining the title of apprentice. That title was certified upon the Sith Warrior’s return to Lord Baras; he declared their endeavors a great success, -including the success of the trial, as well as the elimination of any competitors- and explained that the warrior’s servitude to him would start on Dromund Kaas.

What was left unanswered was not much that was obvious; most had been revealed to the warrior in this chapter, but what kind of work was the warrior to expect to do on Dromund Kaas? Baras allowed the warrior to take the Twi’lek as a ‘gift’ and use her for additional support on Dromund Kaas, should their need to be any assistance; but what of Vette’s personal life, and her past, it is known about what she can do, but what has she done? Lastly, the imprint of power that the Sith Warrior made on Korriban in completion of their trials was indeed strong with the dark side, but will the warrior learn much from Baras, and further their development and accumulation of power, and most importantly, how will they, and what exactly will be involved in future work for dark apprentice?

Sith Warrior - Dromund Kaas - The Flight to Dromund Kaas :hope_01:

This chapter marks the first that the warrior faces on Dromund Kaas, capital of the Sith Empire. It began with the introduction of a stuttering, whimpering underling and servant of Sith Warrior’s lord, named Sunder Ghettz; his rambling fell on deaf ears, and the Sith Warrior grew impatient with his lunacy, slaying him where he stood, for utter amusement. When the warrior spoke with Baras on this new planet, he did not care about this murder, permitting them to kill anyone they want, in their master’s name; the death of his own showed that the Sith Warrior didn’t think twice about carnage among the Sith Empire, and Baras approved of that.

Lord Baras declared, upon the arrival of the Sith Warrior, that their role as apprentice would be to ‘protect my interests’, ‘intimidate my rivals’ and ‘destroy my enemies’, fulfilling the responsibilities of a Sith enforcer. However, more about Baras’ goals and values are revealed as he talks about power, and what kind of power has made him accomplish so much; ‘a lightsaber can only achieve so much’ Baras states, contradicting most of what he has tasked the warrior with, going on to reveal he has ‘painstakingly built a vast network of spies and operatives among the Sith, Republic and Jedi alike’. Perhaps Lord Baras is only keeping his apprentice at arm’s length, not revealing all that he has, to offer at once, until the Sith Warrior proves himself; but, given his callous attitude to Sunder Ghettz’s death, it could be possible that one day he hopes to, or should it be necessary, need to betray the Sith Warrior. Only time will tell whether Lord Baras is keeping the warrior free from privy information for a reason, or if the primary tasks they have been given are just the beginning to the dark apprentice’s ascension to power.

Vette’s character grew quite tense and fearful as she and the Sith Warrior entered Lord Baras’ chambers, her cheeky and roguish confidence fading as the intimidating presence of the Lord affects her; the twi’lek’s primal instincts and reactions indicate a dark power at play, but the same could be said for other, just as powerful Sith who have proved their allegiance and patriotism to the Empire countless of times, who still emanate a dark force. Given the notable weakness and submissiveness of the Twi’lek servant, the warrior could take this as a mere indicator of their Lord’s strength and power, rather than assuming traitorous intents, as a presence such as Baras’ is hardly abnormal among the Sith, but perhaps not so ordinary among the experiences of the lowly Twi’lek companion.

The first job which the warrior is ordered to complete on Dromund Kaas, is to report to a ‘Commander Lanklyn’ and make sure his team of imperials deliver a particular cargo safely to Baras’ sanctum, which the Lord deemed an imperative operation; there is much intrigue surrounding the cargo, as to why it is so important, and as to what Lord Baras needs it for.

What remains unresolved, are the specifications of this assignment; what makes up the precious cargo? Does Baras trust this ‘Commander Lanklyn’ or does he simply believe he is not up to the task, without assistance, to complete the required delivery? Or, is the cargo so important that Baras fears there will be attacks on the cargo bay? Yet, most importantly, what else will be involved for the Sith warrior’s servitude to Lord Baras, on Dromund Kaas, and how will they grow in power?

Edited by sithsurvives

The Transporter :csw_probe:

Lord Baras revealed in this chapter that he had ‘felt a disturbance in the force’, declaring that the identities of some of his spies, the ‘invisibles’, he called them, had been discovered. The cargo which the Warrior was tasked with delivering to Baras from the hands of Commander Lanklyn contained the body of the discoverer, a Republic spy -in a block of carbonite- keeping the confidential information privy from those who would strike against the Lord; hence, the importance of the cargo was also revealed from Baras’ debriefing, although, even before this was known, the vitality and high priority of it was certainly ensued further, when rivalling gangsters Slestack and TuMarr competed for the highly confidential shipment, by attacking the Sith Warrior and their imperial entourage of security, and contradicting their rivalry by rallying together.

This weak display of strength worked for the warrior, considering the two pairs of gangs had never worked together, their tactical and strategic abilities of both were hardly as refined as the warrior’s; plus, they seriously misjudged the sheer skill of the Sith Warrior’s power, in force sensitivity, and in hand-to-hand combat, Slestack and TuMarr’s overconfidence getting the better of the two gangs.

Lord Baras stated that ‘there were more eyes on us than even (he) thought’, declaring the urgency of the situation, as a reaction to the ambush at the cargo bay; this awakens a sense of suspicion about what or who -amongst the faction of the Republic- could be plotting against the Sith Warrior and their master. Baras seems plagued by the fact his sworn enemies could possess the ability to unmask his carefully, intricately embedded agents; the spy frozen in carbonite, only one of many S.I.S. operatives which belong to the Galactic Republic. Where will this plot lead, and who or what is capable of unhinging Lord Baras’ secret network of spies? And, what information can be extracted the Baras and his apprentice, the Sith Warrior, from the captured S.I.S. operative, and how will this come to pass?

I thought it would be good to include companion stories into the class chapters, as I feel they are somewhat relevant to the progression of the story-line to a subtle degree. The first one will be introducing the accompaniment of Vette, the Twi'lek servant that joins the Sith Warrior on its quest for power and glory.

Sith Warrior - Companion - Welcome Vette :t_tongue:

Vette joins the Sith Warrior as a permanent companion, servant and slave, and this conversation is a reminder of the Twi’lek's distaste for dominance, yet instant obedience and submissive demeanor that sets in, when dominance is enforced. Vette asks the warrior, given her ‘hard work on Korriban’ if her shock collar can be taken off, and the answer to that highly disrespectful question, is a sharp shock from the very thing she wanted removed.

If nothing, Vette’s companionship would prove to be a trying experience, a test of the Sith Warrior’s restraint and tolerance, over her tongue-and-cheek banter, and her rebellious, somewhat disrespectful behavior. But, perhaps, the warrior may show the slave to respect authority, listen to orders which are deprived of Vette’s characteristically obnoxious back-chatter, and teach Vette a manner of seriousness in regard of the Warrior’s line of work, without needing to give her a painful shock to the neck, to bring her into line; it would take patience, but the Sith Warrior’s power over the weak may prove to be enough to break the lowly slave.

As for Vette’s skills with a blaster, and her knack for maneuvering her way around technologies and utilities, they speak for themselves as a strong asset; however, her disrespectful keep disable her physical and tactical abilities from reaching their full potential, yet perhaps with the right mentor, Vette will soon find herself achieving a purpose, in the eyes of the warrior, at least.

Edited by sithsurvives