Veteran Uprising - "think Lost Island Hard Mode?"

wildantics

They said Veteran uprising would remind us of LI HM.... ohhh reallly?

I loved LI HM... especially pre nerf. It was great... in one FP almost all raid mechanics were required. So it made a great place to practice and/or train. It also made all that worthwhile, as it dropped a Rakata BiS chest piece and had rare mount and pet drops.

Just some of the mechanics

1st Boss

Interrupt incinerate - or get melted

Don't stand in stupid - liquid hot "MAGMA!"

Don't let stupid drop on you/don't drop it on others - Random electric bubbles drop on DPS/heals but there is a limited amount of space that is not lava.

Healer aggro - adds needed death asap

2nd Boss

Stack - or get booted by hulk-smash

Coordination - 3 simultaneously click panels while one heals

Cleave - don't stand in front of boss

Bonus Boss

Move! - tank/heal/dps but never stop moving or death by icicle for about 30% of the fight. Making dps check for casting classes very challenging.

Dr.Boss

Cleanse - Don't stand in poison/cleanse it

Kite/dance boss - move counter-clockwise as a group and don't get satchel bombs on group

Focus adds/ignore adds - phase one adds have priority, phase two they were invincible but could stun you.

Interrupt - ravage, especially if it is on healer

stack and soft enrage/DPS check - save Def/Off CD...

So, that is what I think LI HM means... most of those mechanics would wipe the group if ignored... after the nerf maybe only 1/2 were mandatory but it is still a fun and challenging FP.

Now after playing Veteran Uprisings, LI HM is not what I thought.

Far as I can tell there are basically 2 mechanics for each uprising

1. don't stand in stupid

2. ... something something obvious... but not always necessary.

Am I missing something? What do you guys think, are Vet Uprisings a enjoyable challenge? Will you play them more than once?

What do you guys think, are Vet Uprisings a enjoyable challenge? Will you play them more than once?

I'll play them 5 times a week for the weekly but that's about it. My friend and I just go in with 2 healer companions and we clear all 5 within an hr - 1.5 hrs or so to get the weekly done. It's a cakewalk and any challenge that might've been intended for the Veteran/HM version of the Uprisings missed the spot completely. The sad thing is that I just know they'll end up nerfing these things, which they usually do, because there's some really horrible players out there.

They said Veteran uprising would remind us of LI HM.... ohhh reallly?

I loved LI HM... especially pre nerf. It was great... in one FP almost all raid mechanics were required. So it made a great place to practice and/or train. It also made all that worthwhile, as it dropped a Rakata BiS chest piece and had rare mount and pet drops.

Just some of the mechanics

1st Boss

Interrupt incinerate - or get melted

Don't stand in stupid - liquid hot "MAGMA!"

Don't let stupid drop on you/don't drop it on others - Random electric bubbles drop on DPS/heals but there is a limited amount of space that is not lava.

Healer aggro - adds needed death asap

2nd Boss

Stack - or get booted by hulk-smash

Coordination - 3 simultaneously click panels while one heals

Cleave - don't stand in front of boss

Bonus Boss

Move! - tank/heal/dps but never stop moving or death by icicle for about 30% of the fight. Making dps check for casting classes very challenging.

Dr.Boss

Cleanse - Don't stand in poison/cleanse it

Kite/dance boss - move counter-clockwise as a group and don't get satchel bombs on group

Focus adds/ignore adds - phase one adds have priority, phase two they were invincible but could stun you.

Interrupt - ravage, especially if it is on healer

stack and soft enrage/DPS check - save Def/Off CD...

So, that is what I think LI HM means... most of those mechanics would wipe the group if ignored... after the nerf maybe only 1/2 were mandatory but it is still a fun and challenging FP.

Now after playing Veteran Uprisings, LI HM is not what I thought.

Far as I can tell there are basically 2 mechanics for each uprising

1. don't stand in stupid

2. ... something something obvious... but not always necessary.

Am I missing something? What do you guys think, are Vet Uprisings a enjoyable challenge? Will you play them more than once?

Wow, I was just talking about LI yesterday to a new player, and how it was the benchmark for some time, till they nerfed it over and over till its not even remotely the same FP anymore.

LR-5 in particular made it interesting as your strat for it had to change depending on your dps makeup.

Getting pug ranged dps to stand and move along side the melee dps was like herding cats. :D

Edited by Mowermanx

Not only are they not in the same category as old school HM LI, they're not even close to the current LI. Perhaps it's due to level 60-somethings being in there but I've struggled over the past few days to find DPS that have the output for the bonus boss or the burn phase on Lorick.

Veteran Uprisings? They're a joke. The hardest thing about them is looking at your CXP bar afterwards. .

Not only are they not in the same category as old school HM LI, they're not even close to the current LI. Perhaps it's due to level 60-somethings being in there but I've struggled over the past few days to find DPS that have the output for the bonus boss or the burn phase on Lorick.

Veteran Uprisings? They're a joke. The hardest thing about them is looking at your CXP bar afterwards. .

^that

You can solo them. Inferno, Firefrost and Done and Dusted at least (I haven't checked the other 2 yet). My rank 50 comp had no trouble keeping a 220/224 shadow (kinetic in dps gear with a shield) up against anything in there. And I'm sure a better player than me can do it as full on dps. Unless the difficulty scales down when there's less than 4 people in, calling them a joke is exactly right.

You can solo them. Inferno, Firefrost and Done and Dusted at least (I haven't checked the other 2 yet). My rank 50 comp had no trouble keeping a 220/224 shadow (kinetic in dps gear with a shield) up against anything in there. And I'm sure a better player than me can do it as full on dps. Unless the difficulty scales down when there's less than 4 people in, calling them a joke is exactly right.

Shadow tanks are broken right now. Like literally broken - several bugs :)

On the other hand we did 4 man run once we hit level 70. And we wiped once on the BH one(Hoth :D). Because both our DPS went for group heal at the wrong time :D And our healer couldn't keep up the pace there, he's a beginner :)

Oh, and sure, we had 2 death on Tatooine but that's because we didn't realize what the debuff status mean. But we killed the boss anyway.

Honestly, the hardest thing on those Uprisings was to get all the pets in Tatooine for achievement :D And don't fall asleep :D

Remember the old Flashpoints, before they nerfed them into tacticals. That's how i look at veteran uprisings. (maybe slightly easier) So imo its really, Story is tacital, veteran is normal, and master will be hardmode. Maybe they meant master was like hardmode lost island, or maybe because they obviously don't play their own game often, they think anything they can't do is like hm LI.