Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Some serious suggestions on Command Points in Operations

Grinding CXP through operations is a very hard time-sink. To earn the 1,25 M Command Points (until level 300) through HM-Operations, you have to grind very very long. You can earn ~5000 (3300 by bosses + 400 by gold mobs + 400 weekly) Command Points + some bonuses, which are eventually active (DvL (+810), Highlight (+660) or CXP Booster (+1300)) in one veteran operation (5 bosses, e.g. TFB). So, you need between 160 and 250 operations to enter rank 300. In my opinion, this is way to much.

So, I think, it's time to make some suggestions on earning Command Points via operations to show my never ending trust in the developers.

In one of the livestreams you said, players maybe sometimes just got one piece from one operation. However, we now get some unneeded pieces without any set boni or even without modifications from the command crates. In my opinion the original idea - to get the same amount (not rating!) of gear from the crates as from operations - wasn't bad at all. You just have to calculate with the right numbers. In 4.0 we also got 2 random 220 armor pieces from each boss. So, all in all, we got 10 random 220 and 5 unassembled 220 = 15 pieces. So, except of one, every player in an 8man group had the statistical chance to get 2 pieces. There were also 5 bonus tokens, if the specific hm-operation was highlighted. So half of the team were able to get 3 pieces!

Concerning to this, I would suggest to buff the loot (command points), we get from operations to an amount comparable with 4.0. With all bonuses active, we should be able to claim 2-3 levels on maximum rank and up to 4 level on a lower rank. I would suggest ~10.000 points without any bonus, so up to 15.000 points with all 3 bonuses.

The slowly incease of the amount of command points you need for higher ranks might a bit problematic. Getting 3 legendary pieces on maximum rank seems a bit too much. It would be interesting to know, if we get a guaranteed legendary armor piece at level 300? If not, on which chance legendary items and trash items drop? At least, we should be able to get one "good" piece per Operation. So, if the chance is 50%, 2 levels on high rank should be okay in my opinion.

Storymode and the easy hm's like EV and KP should give lesser Points. In storymode, you got 3 pieces per boss, so also 15 pieces from 5 bosses. So, it should be possible, to make nearly 2 ranks between 1-100, 1,5 ranks between 100-200 and 1 rank between 200-300 with sm-ops. --> 5.000 points without bonuses.

NiM-operations dropped 25 pieces in KotFE. 2 random 220, 2 tokens 220 and 1 token 224. So it should at least be possible to gain 3 level with ranking 300 by one nim-operations. I think, without BiS-Gear, not many groups would have NiM on farm-status, so at least 15.000 points without bonuses are okay.

The increase of command points needed for each level seems a bit to slowly. If this is possible, I would suggest to increase the points, you need for high ranks, and decrease the points, you need for lower ranks, so that we can progress fast until the gear-tier we need, and then got slowed down for not getting everything to quick.

I would also suggest an indirect option to gear alts. Make the Commando Point Packs Bind on Pickup from HM upwards without KP & EC (because they were pugged very often). With that, we can swap the packs to members of our raiding group, that need cxp. That makes it also possible, to enter an established raiding group and get the required gear without grinding like hell, so new players were given a better chance to play the hardest content. Also, raiders that just have time to play two times a week for 3 hours will get the opportunity to get supported by there groups. In our group, for example, we have 2-3 players, who aren't as active as the others - with the actual system, they can't keep up with the rest. They were loyal subscribers for years and they would be for the next year(s), wzen they become the chance to wipe on nightmare-operations without grinding gold mobs like a chinese and praying to the rng-god like a priest.

These changes would help the raiding community in doing for what we are subscribing, and it would support other players, that they become able to play that content.

So, I hope for posiive reactions. I even include a prayer for the devs in my morning-prayers to the rng-god. :D

Oh, and excuse me for some poor translations. I'm not a native english speaker. :rolleyes:

Edited by Exocor

Your suggestions are sound and well-thought out. And I agree. The numbers might be a little bit off and need some tweaking, because ranked warzones should give about as much CXP/hour as VM ops when queue'd solo, and maybe nearly as much as NiM Ops when queue'd in a group. I believe that the bosses of HM and NiM (and the pvp weeklies) should drop specialized command boxes, which drop only gear and schematics (no cosmetic items, no gifts, no junk) with an increased chance for purple gear. This would allow players to consistently accumulate gear by challenging them with difficult content.

In a perfect world, HM/Unranked Weekly boxes would be limited to 1 and Tier 2, pending on command rank, instead of also allowing Tier 3 if the rank was high enough, so people would actually have to do ranked PVP and NiM ops to get 242 gear. However, this is sort of an afterthought.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.