Galactic Conflict - Match 1 - Round 1 - NullForce Collective VS Mando’ad Vod’saad

Silenceo

The rules are simple... Find a way to defeat your opponent and be the last one standing. Just remember that each action you make will have reactions, not all of them from the other player. The prep period lasts for a minimum of 7 days to give each side plenty of time to prepare, but can be extended. The prep period itself will account for 30 turns where each player can not move beyond their planets. In this match, the colors are as follows:

Purple: MadDutchman

Blue: Karadron

Yellow: NPC

Throughout the match, the map will be updated to represent changes of control. Do note that you do not have to completely defeat an enemy to take control of a planet, but rather control its facilities or have an overwhelming numbers advantage. Leave too few on a world, and based on variables such as how long it was under your control, if you started with it, or if it relates to the culture of your faction, and they very well could rebel.

During the prep period only the players will have access to their prep-doc, but after the period has passed I will open it up for all to see. At this time, both factions will be linked to this post as well. Using an Index for your faction and docs is advised.

After the match begins this thread will be open for debate, discussion of game play specifics, and rule questions. The general banter, I please ask to remain in the Galactic Conflict General Discussion thread to keep this thread easier to follow and less jumbled. I will be moderating this match and look forward to what both of your bring forward.

General Discussion

Galactic Map

Match Map

NullForce Collective

Mando'ad Vod'saad

Edited by Silenceo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey sil dutch.

Issue one with faction trait wondering why this was allowed.

Heroes:

YAIC: The presence of the Yammosk Artificial Intelligence Cores on Myrkr and Singularity Class capital ships significantly improves communication and coordination of commanders, giving all characters a +1 rank bonus to Skirmish and Campaign (both land and space) when it is present in the system.

+1 rank is OP as hell 1level I'll be fine with but with how big of a advantage ranks gives in certain areas for example combat.This passive is highly unbalanced.

Hey sil dutch.

Issue one with faction trait wondering why this was allowed.

+1 rank is OP as hell 1level I'll be fine with but with how big of a advantage ranks gives in certain areas for example combat.This passive is highly unbalanced.

Except it is highly specialized. It only affects a max of 4 skills (2 space 2 ground) and tactics are an area which has many variables which can over-come such. That said, the unit itself is vulnerable should it be damaged, the entire trait could be nullified. It is a powerful trait, but it is narrow and able to be negated.

Except it is highly specialized. It only affects a max of 4 skills (2 space 2 ground) and tactics are an area which has many variables which can over-come such. That said, the unit itself is vulnerable should it be damaged, the entire trait could be nullified. It is a powerful trait, but it is narrow and able to be negated.

I still don't like it.As this not my match I'll let K handle this.

Of topic I like the faction Dutch kinda wished I was fighting it but am fine with waiting. Can't wait to see what K can do against it.

I have a question on this trait:

Stealth and anti-stealth Tech: Faction has stealth and ways to deal with it.

Isn't this kinda 2 in 1? and just how effective can it be in each as a result?

It is indeed a 2 in 1, but since it is such the strength of the innate is divided between the two effects.

I'm actually finding this rather fascinating just seeing how someone else organizes their data and creates their faction. All my stuff was very spreadsheet heavy but K seems to have everything organized in docs.

Now to see if I'm the weird one or K :)

I'm doing almost everything in Excel and then I'll come up with some way to convert all of that into a readable form that I can copy into a doc for Sil :p

I just have to punch in a few numbers and see if I like the result or not, meanwhile everyone else is doing all the maths manually, twice, and (from my experience) still doesn't get everything perfectly right. (no offense ;) )

I'm lazy

I'm doing almost everything in Excel and then I'll come up with some way to convert all of that into a readable form that I can copy into a doc for Sil :p

I just have to punch in a few numbers and see if I like the result or not, meanwhile everyone else is doing all the maths manually, twice, and (from my experience) still doesn't get everything perfectly right. (no offense ;) )

I'm lazy

My Techno-babble speak is... well... it has waned in recent years.

As for the mistakes... I admit to nothing! NOTHING!!!!

:d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes:

I'm lazy

For the most part the only manual math I've done is to validate my spreadsheets, or quick mental calculations.

I use google sheets though, just to terrorize Sil with them ;)

The first turn has been concluded, with many units being dispersed.

Key events that took place

- Scouting from both sides

- Game of 'Cat and Mouse' over Mandalore

There are now 5 planetary docs in the GC Index, for those of you who are observing.

The first turn has been concluded, with many units being dispersed.

Key events that took place

- Scouting from both sides

- Game of 'Cat and Mouse' over Mandalore

There are now 5 planetary docs in the GC Index, for those of you who are observing.

Am interested in Nullforce moves on Dathomir.The nature of the faction will make that planet contested for a long time and extremely hard for them to take.It wouldn't had been a approach I would have taken.Am interested in seeing what's going to happen their.

Karadon approach is better in my opinion being much more reserve and waiting for his time to strike.

Alright time for my shallow thoughts on both factions and actions they should take and things to look out for.

First up thoughts on NullForce Collective:

The Nullforce Faction is a interesting one.Where they blended organics life with technology to in a sense evolve into something new to fight a force they Fear or mainly don't understand.While the Null force military droid's are impressive and could do serious damage to Karadon troops.

While the Null force mixture of vong tech and their on gives them a small edge in Space and ground combat but Raw skills the Mandos just out class them.In Space Karadon troops has never faced Vong forces from what I understand and will have trouble when it comes to facing Dovan Basils.Which will give the Null force the edge in space.

The largest Disadvantage the Null force has is its people. Once Karadon Find the location of your home world and I know how much K love being sneaky it be quite easy for his agents to infiltrate the mundanes group of your faction.Large groups of Organic who are already looked down apon by the other caste he could casue a lot of trouble.This is something that could slowly lose the match for Dutch.

When it comes to planets in play.The Nullforce hatred of the Force well hinder their conquest of Dathomir if they every decide to push their.Dutch would be better off allowing Karadon to have that while focusing on the other two planets.Assuming the Night sisters are in charge of Dathomir their hold will be hard to remove.

Anteevy- A frozen planet would be s good target for the Nullforce so they have access to phrik alloys to upgrade their droids for a battle against force users in the future.

Ithor-I say would be a good target to expand its pull of mundane for vertical progress up the chain.

Next post will be on Karadon faction.

Edited by Jarons

Alright time for my shallow thoughts on both factions and actions they should take and things to look out for.

First up thoughts on NullForce Collective:

The Nullforce Faction is a interesting one.Where they blended organics life with technology to in a sense evolve into something new to fight a force they Fear or mainly don't understand.While the Null force military droid's are impressive and could do serious damage to Karadon troops.

While the Null force mixture of vong tech and their on gives them a small edge in Space and ground combat but Raw skills the Mandos just out class them.In Space Karadon troops has never faced Vong forces from what I understand and will have trouble when it comes to facing Dovan Basils.Which will give the Null force the edge in space.

The largest Disadvantage the Null force has is its people. Once Karadon Find the location of your home world and I know how much K love being sneaky it be quite easy for his agents to infiltrate the mundanes group of your faction.Large groups of Organic who are already looked down apon by the other caste he could casue a lot of trouble.This is something that could slowly lose the match for Dutch.

When it comes to planets in play.The Nullforce hatred of the Force well hinder their conquest of Dathomir if they every decide to push their.Dutch would be better off allowing Karadon to have that while focusing on the other two planets.Assuming the Night sisters are in charge of Dathomir their hold will be hard to remove.

Anteevy- A frozen planet would be s good target for the Nullforce so they have access to phrik alloys to upgrade their droids for a battle against force users in the future.

Ithor-I say would be a good target to expand its pull of mundane for vertical progress up the chain.

Next post will be on Karadon faction.

Ithor is an especially interesting, and potentially awkward one here. Because the society is ruled by Force Users, it will annoy the NullForce, however they are perfectly happy with that situation and more importantly, entirely peaceful and rather protective of their forests, which would make any kind of non-genocidal conquest problematic.

Your thoughts largely mirror my own on Anteevy, however with it being controlled by the Empire, it's not something that should be handled too aggressively.

Dathomir would certainly be resistant to my faction, especially the Nightsisters. But then, I've got quite a bit of stuff to deal with Force Users. More on this later i'm sure :)

So my initial impressions of MV after Turn 1:

Surprisingly cautious for Mandalorians. I was expecting a bit more aggression. Will be interesting to see how long that lasts :)

Not too much to report after only 1 turn though, stay tuned!

Edited by MadDutchman