Chapter III Bug

hoknell

Hello!

I am having an issue with KotET. Chapters I and II were working just fine, but as soon as I tried to begin Chapter III, the game would not let me. It froze up and I had to shut down my computer in order to even escape SWTOR and try again. After multiple attempts and multiple shutdowns, the game still isn't letting me into Chapter III. (Also, at the opening page, it says that I'm at the Interlude: War of Destinies, which is incorrect. Is that indicative of another glitch?)

Is there a way to correct this? I only have one operating laptop, so I cannot switch over to another.

Thank you for any help!

Lots of people are having this problem. I did run the BitRaider file verification, can't see anything in the logs.

I submitted a ticket, received a generic "check your graphics driver, etc". I think once enough people have submitted tickets, they will realize it's a problem and get it fixed.

Thank you for replying!

Dr_mike, I don't know how to do what you suggested; I am terrible with technology.

I opened the game this morning, after this morning's patch, and it still won't let me start. My character is still stuck. Any other suggestions?

I find in 99% of cases re-installing has nil affect , running the file repair should pick up issues with game files

Have you tried lowering all ingame gfx settings ?

Ingame gfx are things like shading and textures, correct? No, I've not tried that -- has it worked for you before?

Also, how do I run a file repair on SWTOR? I apologize; I am terrible with technology.

Similar recent thread - link

game repair is per below, depending on either streaming or non streaming launcher

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,

select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher