Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

just returned

Vrgada

So i just re subbed after playing for a year or so at launch. My question is about expansions. i as a subscriber still had to use a token to start the level 60 content. How many tokens do i have? Why cant i play the lvl 65 content? (greyed out). Can i have more than one expansion toon? i would like to try light side on the expansions, would be sad if you arent able too. Edited by Vrgada

You can have several characters. I would guess that you created your character before the newest expansion went live earlier today and you therefore couldn't create level 65 characters yet. But it could have been a bug.

You should have one token, but you can buy more in the cartel market and perhaps GTN.

Edited by Dragondog

So i just re subbed after playing for a year or so at launch. My question is about expansions. i as a subscriber still had to use a token to start the level 60 content. How many tokens do i have? Why cant i play the lvl 65 content? (greyed out). Can i have more than one expansion toon? i would like to try light side on the expansions, would be sad if you arent able too.
As a subscriber, you have access to all content, from level 1 to 70. You didn't need to use a token to do the level 60 content. You just needed to be level 60. And starting today, you can do the level 65 content once you hit level 65, without using a "token". (You had to sub by Nov 27th to get Early Access and be able to start playing the level 65 content on Nov 29th).

The "token" simply lets you make a new character that starts at level 60 or 65, instead of at level 1. Starting at 60 or 65 will lock you out of the original Class Story, including story-related titles and achievements, all companion conversations and missions, and a few other things. (So for example, don't use a boost if you want the title "Darth" or "Barsen'thor"). Other than that, you can play all the content with any character. You just have to level them up first.

If you buy enough additional character slots, subscribers can have up to 52 characters - per server. And you can do all the content, including all the expansions, with any or all of them. And you can choose to be Light or Dark with any of them, without affecting your options for your other characters.

How many (free) "tokens" you have will depend on when you were subbed previously, and whether or not you used any prior free "token" you got. I actually have two free "tokens", because I never used the one from patch 4.0 (KotFE).

You can see how many "tokens" you have on your Charaacter Select screen when you log in. The Create Character button will say, "# Boosted Characters". The free "token" isn't an actual item, just that number. (And it's per account, not per server. If you boost a character on Server A, you won't have that boost available when you create a character on Server B.)

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.